• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England vs Wales (07/03/20)

It's a difficult one in all honesty there is absolutely no way that the Williams and Parkes incidence should both have gone unpunished whilst dishing out a red to MT, I appreciate its not accepted but in all honesty what is a coach supposed to do when the officiating has so clearly failed in consistency?

It's a difficult one in all honesty there is absolutely no way that the Williams and Parkes incidence should both have gone unpunished whilst dishing out a red to MT, I appreciate its not accepted but in all honesty what is a coach supposed to do when the officiating has so clearly failed in consistency?

Actually, the fact that Eddie makes a point of never commenting on the ref makes it all the more impactful when he does. He's got much more chance of the referees association taking him seriously on this simply because he isn't a regular whinger. Sure they've followed their processes and only dished out bans to England players following Saturday's game, gotta protect their refs, but I'd be surprised if there isn't some movement behind the scenes after this to improve the standard of officiating. Certainly the RFU's statement indicates that proposals are on the table. The fact that Eddie escaped any actual punishment for what he said may indicate that there is some concern from the referees association that he is right.

You say the usual of "We felt some of the decisions didnt go our way" instead of "The ref's a biased cheat". We as fans can say it all day long but professionalism should be displayed by the coaches as well as players. Its why its very rare for test matches to have punches thrown anymore *ahem France* - as the players want to scrap, but they know they can't do it now.

We also teach kids to always be respectful of the ref, so when you see an international coach dishing out **** like this, it's not the best example!

Latest posts