• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] France vs England (02/02/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
France.png
VS
proxy.php

15:00, 02/02/2020
Stade-de-France, Paris

Camille Chat is out of this one with injury. Shame, good player.

A few injuries creeping in for France 5 before the tournament even begins and I've heard Bamba isn't 100% either.

Well I'm not feeling good about this 6 nations at all. The final was a real damp squib for England and we looked tired and out of ideas. Add to that the dark cloud cast by Sarries and I'm not convinced mentally the lads are going to up for this. Sure there's some great players in the team, and we saw what they can do when all clicked against NZ, but England performances that good are few and far between. France in Paris is always a big ask. It may help that they are fielding a less experienced side, but then again it may just play into the cavalier French attitude that sometimes serves them so well.

I agree with Johnson's comments that if England lose this game, the RWC achievements will be wiped away. Jones also noted that the last few teams to have reached the final and then lost, had a distinct drop in form. Will this be England's fate? Something tells me it might be, but I will live in hope. As always we've got the talent and the firepower and plenty of depth, all we need to do is convert that into momentum and pints in the board.

interested to see if any of the new young talent will get a look in over the tournament. I hope so.

Try-sniffer LCD has left camp due to injury and probably won't figure in Sunday's 23.

edit. the reason is actually family reasons.

Last edited:
Chris Foy for the Daily Mail reporting EJ is going with Lawes at 6 and Curry at 8 for France.

He's saying likely team is
Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler; Itoje, Kruis; Lawes, Curry, Underhill.

I don't hate Lawes at 6 but Curry at 8? I know EJ was always gonna wait till the summer tour to start tinkering but just rotate Daly and Watson now please. Watson has his weaknesses but he's a better 15. I do hope Mail is wrong but Mail Rugby reporting isn't bad.

Chris Foy for the Daily Mail reporting EJ is going with Lawes at 6 and Curry at 8 for France.

He's saying likely team is
Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler; Itoje, Kruis; Lawes, Curry, Underhill.

I don't hate Lawes at 6 but Curry at 8? I know EJ was always gonna wait till the summer tour to start tinkering but just rotate Daly and Watson now please. Watson has his weaknesses but he's a better 15. I do hope Mail is wrong but Mail Rugby reporting isn't bad.

Suspect that's probably likely, but hope it's wrong on at least 4 counts.

Latest posts