• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Italy (24/10/20)

Wouldn't be opposed to swapping Stockdale and Keenan. Hard to shake the feeling that Stockdale would struggle with the inevitable French line breaks. Equally a lot of responsibility to throw on Keenan at the same time.
I would also do this. Stockdale beat players well and had a few breaks today but didn't do the 15 part of his game particularly well. Let him do that from the wing and let Keenan play 15.

Wouldn't be opposed to swapping Stockdale and Keenan. Hard to shake the feeling that Stockdale would struggle with the inevitable French line breaks. Equally a lot of responsibility to throw on Keenan at the same time.
Wouldn't disagree. Keenan looks a natural 15. As does Daly. Conway is capable there. But Stockdale looks like a winger just filling at 15

I was fairly happy with Stockdale to be honest. If he could sure up a bit I think he's the most threatening option.
He looks threatening there and I do think he has genuine potential as a 15, but for next week specifically I'd be tempted to make the switch.

I was fairly happy with Stockdale to be honest. If he could sure up a bit I think he's the most threatening option.

Yeah I like seeing him in space. Certainly wouldn't switch him now. The big left boot is also useful from 15.

Ringrose has a suspected broken jaw. Can you stop hyping people/teams pre-match?

Yeah I like seeing him in space. Certainly wouldn't switch him now. The big left boot is also useful from 15.

Ringrose has a suspected broken jaw. Can you stop hyping people/teams pre-match?
Shows how dangerous 9 is. Appreciate Murray more now. :)

Ringer apparently 4-6 weeks with the jaw. You'd have to imagine there will be a big lawsuit from the Irish government if Ringrose's incredible jawline is ruined

Good display by the paddies, other than Murrys slow play at 9 ( passing) all looks fine.
Will last second try come back to bite you on the arse , only time will tell.
Enjoy the win.

Ruck was formed but 21 green was the only player in the ruck, 12 blue tried to counter ruck and got told no? Why? Wasnt using his hands? A rule im missing?

JGP(21) Was playing 9 and so in law "the receiver". You cannot play him until he lifts the ball off the ground

JGP(21) Was playing 9 and so in law "the receiver". You cannot play him until he lifts the ball off the ground
I know he is the SH but he went over the ball at the ruck not as the SH but as part of the ruck. And a team wasnt aloud to counter ruck

Really tough game for Italy. They were just nowhere the last 20 minutes. But they did show some promise. Sexton is such a good goal kicker.
Ireland deserved their win. That offload for the Bundee Aki try was sublime.

Most importantly, when is James Lowe eligible, and will he make the team? I'll be following Ireland as a resident fan (or fan of a resident, close enough) and watching all their games if he starts. I'm practicing my oirish ucksant ull'rraddie.

and yeah, nice offload from pom

Latest posts