• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Italy (24/10/20)

I agree re 15 but can at least see the logic with Stockdale long term, with Lowe, Larmour and Conway playing their best stuff on the wing developing his potential at 15 could be valuable.

Murray, Sexton and POM are all at stages of their career that they either need to start or not be involved, the first two are starting but POM has very little value from the bench short or long term.

Henshaw ahead of Aki would be a more positive choice too in my opinion.

I hope Kelleher is unavailable (Haven't read anything) because if we're not trying to develop that talent with our current options there is a serious issue.
Re 15. Agree we need to develop talent there. But is Hugo Keenan in longterm plans for Leinster and I know Shane Daly is for Munster both are marginally younger than Stockdale but as a 15 have much higher ceiling in that position.
Stockdale is a superb wing. And if 1 of the others moved off wing I'd move Conway first then Larmour before Stockdale.

Murray starting makes sense. Is proven at this level. Ok form is iffy. But also JGP has proven to impact games off bench and change tempo. (Yes he has done it from start too) This allows an injection in to game at some stage in what is now a 23 man game.

POM I think is there solely on lineout reasons. Versatility I get but isn't in great form and well VDF I have seen play 6 before I'm sure and well CJ can play 6 equally Tadgh Beirne is a proven 6.

I think Aki 100% deserves spot and has opened the gap with Henshaw a bit. More on the back of his performances being superb than Henshaw being poor.

Kelleher was left out and just not selected which surprised me as he is agile and seemed to suit this pack.

Is Josh unfit or something? Can't understand having O'Mahony ahead of him.

Stockdale is the 4th best fullback in the squad. Murray is starting.

Other than that that's probably the best we can do. Front row isn't ideal but it's what I'd have picked with the players we have out.

Absolutely delighted for Ed Byrne and Will Connors though. Both been through hell with injuries and deserve this.
Both 100% deserve it. Connors has came back since the lockdown and given Ireland what they didn't need another serious backrow option lol.

Kinsella has said Roux and Kelleher both weren't considered because of injury.
If that the case fair enough. Was just going on Farell comments that everyone starting earned it and lads behind did nothing wrong just way it fell.
Which does explain it as Kelleher should be starting or at least bench if fir

1603378596345.png

Debut for Garbisi. Looks a promising young ten which Italy very much needs.

Garbisi does look good, although I'd say Allan is typically one of Italy's better players.

Most of their issues are to do with a poor set piece IMO.

Anyone have a good streaming site for this game,I'm stuck in Angola so my sky Q app won't work even with a VPN.even if it's a paid streaming service I'll be happy with that

Anyone have a good streaming site for this game,I'm stuck in Angola so my sky Q app won't work even with a VPN.even if it's a paid streaming service I'll be happy with that
It's live on ITV, worth seeing if that will work through a VPN, think it was fine last time I tried.

Find it a bit odd that all the Irish players were wearing masks whilst doing stretches on the pitch.
Yeah noted that too. All optics I'd say given what happened with England Ba Bas as they haven't been wearing masks in training all week.

It's live on ITV, worth seeing if that will work through a VPN, think it was fine last time I tried.
I'm not sure. I used ITV player in Greece, but when I tried the same in the Maldives it didn't work ...

Maybe try set VPN to Ireland and use the virgin media player? Not sure if it works with a VPN.

Points difference is actually important here. If we somehow pull off a win in France it'll come down to that.

Felt like the Irish players weren't very motivated during the anthems. I sure the sound didn't help, but they didn't look like they were putting in much effort.

Latest posts