• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Scotland (01/02/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
proxy.php
VS
proxy.php

16:45, 01/02/2020
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Scotland:​
15 Stuart Hogg (c), 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Huw Jones, 12 Sam Johnson, 11 Blair Kinghorn, 10 Adam Hastings, 9 Ali Price, 8 Nick Haining, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 Jamie Ritchie, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Scott Cummings, 3 Zander Fagerson, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Rory Sutherland

Replacements:​
16 Stuart McInally, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Ben Toolis, 20 Cornell du Preez, 21 George Horne, 22 Rory Hutchinson, 23 Chris Harris​

Last edited:
Ireland (possible): J Larmour; A Conway, G Ringrose, R Henshaw, J Stockdale; J Sexton (capt), J Cooney; D Kilcoyne, R Kelleher, T Furlong; I Henderson, J Ryan; CJ Stander, J van der Flier, C Doris. Replacements: D Heffernan, C Healy, A Porter, U Dillane, P O'Mahony, C Murray, R Byrne, W Addison.

According to Cummiskey, so not sure if any inside info. Would be pretty happy overall with it. Possibly the most dynamic pack to start a 6N game in the last few years. Would have some concerns about the lineout and wouldn't want Kilcoyne starting the bigger games ahead of Healy. POM isn't a super bench option but some concessions have to be made.

Suspect Cummiskey doesn't have a clue what the actual team will be but I'd be happy enough with that overall.

Ireland v Scotland (possible): Addison; Larmour/Conway, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale; Sexton (capt), Murray; Healy, Herring, Furlong, Henderson, Ryan, Stander, van der Flier, Doris. Replacements: Kilcoyne, Kelleher, Porter, Dillane, Deegan, Cooney, Conway/Larmour, Byrne.

Thornley's team. Fair to say neither of them really have much of an idea what's going on. Seems like Farrell is keeping a fairly tight camp so far.

Ireland v Scotland (possible): Addison; Larmour/Conway, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale; Sexton (capt), Murray; Healy, Herring, Furlong, Henderson, Ryan, Stander, van der Flier, Doris. Replacements: Kilcoyne, Kelleher, Porter, Dillane, Deegan, Cooney, Conway/Larmour, Byrne.

Thornley's team. Fair to say neither of them really have much of an idea what's going on. Seems like Farrell is keeping a fairly tight camp so far.

The players might not even know until tonight or tomorrow morning. Either way I'm glad all the speculation about the team is going to end with the Tuesday announcements.

Is Addison that good? I always just thought he was a decent prem player when he was in the prem. Never thought of him as an internstional. Has he really stepped up?

Is Addison that good? I always just thought he was a decent prem player when he was in the prem. Never thought of him as an internstional. Has he really stepped up?
Has been brilliant for Ulster for the most part to be fair, defence is a weakness though. Injuries have consistently stopped him putting any kind of international challenge together though, he spends more time in treatment than on the pitch (sounds like it was a similar story with Sale as well). Is a genuine danger going forward to be fair and versatility is a major plus (can play 11-15 well). Injuries have stopped him getting much of a go at international level.

I'd have Addison in the 23 jersey covers loads of positions but the only place you'd start him is 15 and he hasn't been better than Larmour, do like the options he gives again.

Cian Tracey's possible team is again different but it's interesting that all the possible teams so far have a Stander VDF Doris backrow. Would be very happy with that.

Team's being named tomorrow so at least we won't have ages of speculation.

The42 have Murray at 9 as well. There'll be absolute blue murder across the internet if that is the call, but worth holding off until we see how things actually go against Scotland before judging selection.

Everyone has Henshaw at 12 and Stander-Van der Flier-Doris in the backrow so safe to assume that's what's happening (and Henderson in the second row but that's not surprising).

I want the Scots to win because my ancestors came to America from Scotland. But I know Ireland has a better squad, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Nothing personal Ireland, I want to your fine country someday. :cool:
82335374_935850113478004_2852316317036314624_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Murray Kinsella has Murray in. Trust his word more than Cummiskey's. Poor Farrell will have people calling for his head before his first match in charge.
Love this time of year. Like guessing what's under the Christmas tree.

The last time Scotland won away in the 6 nations to someone other than Italy was Ireland in 2010! Can't see the repeat of that this year though, I think Ireland will want to bounce back after a disappointing 2019 and Farrell will hopefully bring a few new ideas but will also have some degree of continuity. Scotland seem to be in a bit of disarray, I'm not convinced with Hogg as captain and their best player would rather get ****** up than train.

Henshaw coming back from injury or something?

Surely the start of a new world cup cycle is the best time to jettison Aki?

Mixed bag for me very happy with the starting back row. Can understand Herring starting given Kelleher hasn't played in ages. I presume worries about the lineout is why both Toner and POM are on the bench but going forward I wouldn't want the two of them on the bench together due to a lack of dynamisim. Not super enthused with Murray at the moment. Aki is in excellent form defensively but I'd like to see more from him in attack. I can see the argument for Henshaw on the bench given the on field cover even if I would have taken Addison.

Hope the sub front row and 9 are used properly because there's real impact potential there.

Henshaw coming back from injury or something?

Surely the start of a new world cup cycle is the best time to jettison Aki?

Henshaw started the last two Euro games and there hasn't been anything on the injury report that I can recall.

I'd say it's Farrell's defensive origins showing, Henshaw is definitely no slouch there but Aki hasn't the highest tackle percentage of our centres and I believe has won the most turnovers of any Irish player.

If picking on form, the benching front row should be starting, Max Deegan should be on the bench, John Cooney should be in at 9 and Stuart McCloskey picked at 12. Relatively happy with the team though.

Latest posts