• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (08/02/20)

Didn't realise Wales haven't won in Ireland for 8 years - genuinely surprised at that

Getting very nervous about today and I think it stems from the lack of confidence within Ireland (both media and fans)... I think the Irish team will be extremely dialled in as a result. I also think Farrell May have been targeting this match in particular (over last week) in terms of achieving optimal fitness and tactics.

I get nervous before every Wales game though, so who knows.

@TRF_Olyy heard a stat the other day that the Irish home record is second to none in the 6N over the last 6 years or so. So even though England smashed them last year, it's a tough old place to get a win.

Still sunny here but rain is predicted for around kick off and it's very very windy. Fun day for the fullbacks. Expecting a tense slugfest.

So final score 54-46

Little bit of work going on with Sexton during the President's team handshakes.

Brilliantly judged kick from Stockdale, great work rate from Josh as well.

Ni idea what Biggar was at.

That was laughably bad from Biggar. How did he think he had time to wait for it to roll under that kind of pressure?

I honestly cannot call this one. Two new coaches, and still early days. Exciting draw perhaps lol

Very good scrum. To push Ireland off that was huge in setting the tone for the game.

How did they miss that knock on from Tipuric on the floor lol

Edit:
Yikes. Ireland's kicking spot on, Wales the opposite so far (maybe Tipuric should go to 10 - his kick the only good one)

Blatant knock on right in front of the touch judge, if they're not willing to do their job what's the point.

That's just pathetic, although thankfully the welsh have a great sense of justice and gave us the ball anyway.

Latest posts