• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (08/02/20)

Haven't read anything in this thread, I'll catch up tomorrow.

Genuinely delighted, we just beat Wales easy,.they're better than today showed but sure **** it. We're playing heads up rugby and doing it well, we'll win in London in two weeks but the French will end the party.

That was quite a dull game IMO but I am coming off the back of Japanese Top League and the Hull League derby. Thought Wales deserved the LBP (that disallowed try was absolutely fine) but never enough to win so can't complain really.

Narrative seems to have switched to how good Scotland were and Ireland are fantastic, not sure I agree with either but Ireland definitely improved today. They have had huge home advantage however so will be interesting to see if that form carries on away.

Again Ireland getting away with giving a mouthful or ten to the referee plus yet another soccer simulation/dive. World Rugby need to start clamping down hard with bans and cars ASAP before it destroys the integrity of the sport. Been happening in the French Top14 for ages too.

Congratulations Ireland, well deserved.

Wouldn't expect you to agree . Wales looked better offensively than ever or maybe you missed the first try ?? Just didn't play enough in the right areas , for the most part we made good yardage in attack and apart from a little bit of bad luck this game would of been closer. Ireland deserved the win just felt it would of been closer imo

Just to be clear you scored 2 tries to 4. First was against the run of play and second was against a side who had won.

Yeah your right there, our new defence definitely conceded numerous yards and breaks today. We've got to give it time to work as it's definitely different... but the blitz-drift definitely worries me (as opposed to the all-out blitz).

We have to bit the bullet, trust the leadership and buy in... for a while at least!

It's hard isn't it. Wales have been building so much momentum going into to WC, it's hard now thinking about how much time you have to give a new approach. Whatever approach you take, the defensive organisation can't be that bad, whatever system you play. Some learning for Pivac there that Gats and Ed's didn't have when they took over.

So one attack in 80 minutes means you have a good attack? You didn't play in the right areas because you couldn't build an attacking platform. Individual moments of brilliance does not make an attack. Just ask Jonny May. Ireland deserved the win and tbh the score flatters Wales.
I'm thinking maybe my countryman got somewhat lost in translation... it was pretty clear that Ireland were the better team today but... (& no disrespect) this was nowhere near you guys verses France last week!

Just to be clear you scored 2 tries to 4. First was against the run of play and second was against a side who had won.

I don't want to wade in on this one too much, but against the run of play for the first one is a little harsh. It was against momentum, but it was the first time they built a few phases and had the platform to make that attack. Guess it depends how you define against run of play.

I don't want to wade in on this one too much, but against the run of play for the first one is a little harsh. It was against momentum, but it was the first time they built a few phases and had the platform to make that attack. Guess it depends how you define against run of play.

For me against the run of play us the fact that all momentum was with Ireland and Wales had barely looked like attacking. Not saying they didn't play well or took their chance, but until then they didn't look like scoring.

Congratulations Ireland, well deserved.

Judging by the comments its pretty clear that everyone has they're points to prove (it's why I ****ing love this competition!)...

but that one part of your comment (at the very least) is 100% "correct"!

For me against the run of play us the fact that all momentum was with Ireland and Wales had barely looked like attacking. Not saying they didn't play well or took their chance, but until then they didn't look like scoring.

I always see against run of play as a bit more instant. Like a quick turnover and then a try after a few phases. Won't argue with your description. As I've said, Ireland controlled the game well and starved Wales of possession. A lot of learning to do.

Conway is the best winger in Ireland right now. He and Larmoir are showing why they should have started during the world cup.

Henshaw and Aki were very good, Earls managed not to cost us the game from 13 so fairplay to him (jokes aside he was actually quite good).

Section and Murray played well, would have like Cooney to see more time. All well and good to say that Murrsy showed his class but the pack was completely on top. Hard to judge when Cooney doesn't get a chance with the same conditions.

Pack went well, don't buy that backrow as a long term solution though. If Doris is fit for England I'd throw him in.

Would have liked to see more time for the bench, especially up front. Deegan, Kelleher and Porter are all coming into this in cracking form and Porter especially deserve more than the scraps they've got. Fair enough to say the starters are playing well but as with Cooney we don't know how the subs will do in comparison unless we give them a shot. Would like Andy to show a bit more trust but maybe that'll come.

Overall very good performance but one swallow and all that, there were good games last year followed by things going horribly wrong so too early to declare things perfect.

There does seem to be a genuine evolution in our attacking that I really like so far. Overall a lot of positives and the right amount of room for improvement. Inaccuracy up front going forward could have cost is on a different day but some of that can be attributed to Poite.

You quite clearly missed that I said Ireland deserved the win . But I disagree with that Wales look poor attacking wise in your imo thats my point. England looked like they couldnt score In a brothel last week if it wasn't from individual brilliance from may . They didn't come close in a teamwork standpoint of scoring . That's a fact.

You quite clearly missed that I said Ireland deserved the win . But I disagree with that Wales look poor attacking wise in your imo thats my point. England looked like they couldnt score In a brothel last week if it wasn't from individual brilliance from may . They didn't come close in a teamwork standpoint of scoring . That's a fact.

I completely agree about England, I've been saying it for a week. However you are giving Wales far more credit than they deserve.

Latest posts