• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (08/02/20)

Hope Warren is enjoying his holiday in the 6th layer of hell.
Can you honestly imagine anyone would miss Wales in February? (Clue: if you do, you're name probably starts with 'p' and ends with 'addy' :p)

Not impressed today. I will lay off Tompkins as its his first start.

North = Awful. Cant read an offense and stepped up every time leaving a massive 13 channel. Couldnt have filled it with 3 Centers.

Mcnicholl = Tried but seemed out of his depth.

T.Williams = Had better days. Will learn from it. Hope it doesnt knock him too much

Wainwright = Living off WC form. Offered nothing going forward past 2 games. Better current options

Toby = Rusty but will get there

Front row = Next please. Just try anyone.....literally anyone! Ken must have his eyes on wrong as he cant throw anymore.

Tompkins defence was like a revolving door, so many mistakes and school boy errors, well done Ireland you took advantage of a dismal performance by us, there were many players not up to the mark, I have wondered why, it was the worst performance I have seen in some time, I don't mind losing but lets go down fighting. I ve played enough rugby to know that there are times when nothing you do makes a difference, but we had chances which we threw away. its the first time I cant say a welsh player played really well, I'm so disappointed I fear whats next.

Tompkins defence was like a revolving door, so many mistakes and school boy errors, well done Ireland you took advantage of a dismal performance by us, there were many players not up to the mark, I have wondered why, it was the worst performance I have seen in some time, I don't mind losing but lets go down fighting. I ve played enough rugby to know that there are times when nothing you do makes a difference, but we had chances which we threw away. its the first time I cant say a welsh player played really well, I'm so disappointed I fear whats next.
In fairness I thought Ireland were very on point and played with very few mistakes. We were poor and really struggled to heave ourselves back into the game... and did manage it some after about 45 minutes (which I'll agree with you is far too late). I think it'll probably take us a bit longer to get used to the new game plan, longer than Ireland who have had a bit more continuity at the coaching level.

I think (hope) we'll learn a lot from Saturday and it'll hopefully speed our learning up a little. Never count chickens though, I was shocked by the level of confidence most of us taffs had going over to Ireland... it's never easy there and it proved true again. Keep the faith and hopefully Pivac will do what he has pretty much done wherever he has coached... win and win well. It could take a while though.

Last edited:
In fairness I thought Ireland were very on point and played with very few mistakes. We were poor and really struggled to heave ourselves back into the game... and did manage it some after about 45 minutes (which I'll agree with you is far too late). I think it'll probably take us a bit longer to get used to the new game plan, longer than Ireland who have had a bit more continuity at the coaching level.

I think (hope) we'll learn a lot from Saturday and it'll hopefully speed our learning up a little. Never count chickens though, I was shocked by the level of confidence most of us taffs had going over to Ireland... it's never easy there and it proved true again. Keep the faith and hopefully Pivac will do what he has pretty much done wherever he has coached... win and win well. It could take a while though.
It could take a while, why should it, the welsh players were a well organised TEAM before pivac got anywhere near it, so why has that changed? The basics should still be there, that this team is trying new things should not be lost on the welsh players as most of them can already play an offloading game which they have done to some effect. I've had a few howlers in my day who hasn't, but for the whole team to be dreadful which they were there must be some underlying reason.
Every one, or I should say, most think Tipric is some kind of god he won m.o.m. against Italy for his tackles, his tackles, please he hangs on and that's classed as a tackle, how many times is he moved off the breakdown easily, now i'm told that Ellis Jenkins's injury might take him out of playing again, I also had high hopes for Wainright, but he was no where, Faletau has come back from a long lay off so you must give him time, but he is a genuine world class player and will get back (barring injuries) to what he was I'm sure.
Alun Wyn gives his all every time,I could go on but don't wish to bore every one, sorry for the rant bushy good to hear from you again. all I can say is look out France:):rolleyes:

Latest posts