• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Italy vs England (31/10/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1603807436233.png

At a wedding so will miss the full day of rugby....just to start the thread on a high note.

Now lets be more optimistic and predict EJs selection :)

Now lets be more optimistic and predict EJs selection :)

My prediction?
1603827175409.png

Anger

I think we'll win, probably a respectable score - definitely 5pts - but not look that great (at least in parts), and probably have a few weird selections.
Kind of like the RWC games where we were winning, and people said we couldn't criticise because we were winning, but there were definitely areas that needed work.

My prediction?
View attachment 8678
Anger

I think we'll win, probably a respectable score - definitely 5pts - but not look that great (at least in parts), and probably have a few weird selections.
Kind of like the RWC games where we were winning, and people said we couldn't criticise because we were winning, but there were definitely areas that needed work.
Tbh as i chiefs fan im excited to see Willis get gametime. Thats why im nervous i wonder if eddie wont give new guys gametime and just stick.

Jhill i want to see but tbh he needs a game off IMO he's killed it for chiefs for 3 brutal games

Heinz out of italy game so Mitchell has been called up, i rate mitchell though Spencer is ahead of him though imo but oh well.

Times saying that after the cancellation of the Baas Baas game there was a full on intra-squad game. One side captained by Fazlet, the other by Ewels accompanied by some very flattering comments about his leadership skills from Mitchell.

They obvs see something in him that most of the rest of us don't, but leadership has definitely been an Achilles heel in this team for a while. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod alongside Itoje.

No 10 cover. The backs on the bench are a good sign tho!

Also Furbank why

England Men XV

15. George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 2 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 43 caps)
13. Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 50 caps)
12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 29 caps)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 56 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 83 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 99 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 59 caps)
2. Jamie George (Saracens, 49 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 35 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 38 caps)
5. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
6. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 23 caps)
7. Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 18 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 51 caps)

Finishers

16. Tom Dunn, (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
17. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 18 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 3 caps)
19. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 3 caps)
21. Dan Robson (Wasps, 2 caps)
22. Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, uncapped)
23. Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby, uncapped)

1603969628100.png

Furbank FFS
Guess Slade covering 10 from the pitch?

Other than Furbank I'm happy enough - would prefer a different 8 and 9, but hopefully that'll happen over the course of the 6N

Mixed bag for me. Very happy that Hill's starting but Furbank over Malins is extremely disappointing as is Willis not making the side, although I'm not sure who I'd drop for him. Good so see both Ollie's making their debuts.

I'd guess Furbank's covering 10 rather than Slade since he's been training there in the buildup.

Malins for Furbank is my only real moan. Would have liked to see willis and think Hill needs a week off. But pretty happy.

Seems like I wasn't too far off. Glad Hill is getting an opportunity, though hope it goes well. No Willis is very disappointing. Furbank...he needs an outstanding game to justify his selection.

Latest posts