• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs England (08/02/20)

Watson out so guessing the dreamteam of May Daly Furbank.

I'd have Genge starting with Cowan- Dickie and Sinkler with Mako, George, Stuart as replacements. Expressive ball carrying front row that scrummages well.

Itoje and Lawes in the second row which is our best second row atm imo. Kruis as replacment would like to see Moon at some point though a better option than Ewels imo.

Hill, Curry and Earl back row physicality from Hill and an 8 who at least has some 8 experience with Ludlam offering cover. Hard on Underhill.

Heinz and Farrell at 9/10 Youngs is useless and I know Heinz is 32 but he can at least play. 2 years older and he is quicker and better passing than Youngs. Farrell should be dropped as well tbf because Jones has to show he will drop his favourites if they don't play well but being captain we know he will start hopefully at least at 10.

Devoto/ Joseph centres no Tuilagi (why has Jones not bought a replacement in like James or Hill I don't know tbh) so Devoto and Joseph is our best central partnership.

Thorley, May, Furbank give Furbank another chance his first game against good opposition and everyone else played badly too bar May who is an obvious choice. Thorley brings a more physical carrying game that we lack from our backline vs France.

George, Mako, Stuart, Kruis, Ludlam, Youngs (even though i'd prefer Elmo the muppet), Ford, Daly

My choice vs what I think EJ will pick:
Genge - Marler
George - " "
Sinks - " "
Kruis - " "
Itoje - " "
Curry - Lawes
Underhill - " "
Ludlam - Curry
Heinz - Youngs
Faz - Ford
May - Daly
Devoto - Faz
JJ - " "
Thorley - May
Daly - Furbank

Mako - " "
LCD - " "
Williams - Stuart
Lawes - Ewels
Hill - Ludlam
Mitchell? Ben Curry?? - Heinz
Ford - Devoto
Furbank - Thorley

I have major reservations over Mako or Genge in the front row with Lawes in the 2nd.
I think Kruis has to start - he's our most consistent second rower and the only one who really throws himself about like you want a 2nd rower to. Also our best scrummaging lock - and with Mako likely to return we need the bulk there.

I think Furbank deserves another chance. Hopefully he does and EJ doesn't resort to Daly at 15 and change the wingers.

I'd have Genge starting with Cowan- Dickie and Sinkler with Mako, George, Stuart as replacements. Expressive ball carrying front row that scrummages well.

Itoje and Lawes in the second row which is our best second row atm imo. Kruis as replacment would like to see Moon at some point though a better option than Ewels imo.

Hill, Curry and Earl back row physicality from Hill and an 8 who at least has some 8 experience with Ludlam offering cover. Hard on Underhill.

Heinz and Farrell at 9/10 Youngs is useless and I know Heinz is 32 but he can at least play. 2 years older and he is quicker and better passing than Youngs. Farrell should be dropped as well tbf because Jones has to show he will drop his favourites if they don't play well but being captain we know he will start hopefully at least at 10.

Devoto/ Joseph centres no Tuilagi (why has Jones not bought a replacement in like James or Hill I don't know tbh) so Devoto and Joseph is our best central partnership.

Thorley, May, Furbank give Furbank another chance his first game against good opposition and everyone else played badly too bar May who is an obvious choice. Thorley brings a more physical carrying game that we lack from our backline vs France.

George, Mako, Stuart, Kruis, Ludlam, Youngs (even though i'd prefer Elmo the muppet), Ford, Daly
I was going to nitpick over your squad by pointing out that Elmo is, in fact, from Sesame Street but a cautious Google shows that Sesame Street characters are still muppets. Well played.

Eddie generally doesn't change much but could see Kruis start with Ludlum and Ewels and Lawes on bench.
Heinz and Young to swap with Thornley to bench for injury to Manu.
Mako to replace Marler so only 2 changes to 23 as Eddie always says a squad .

Diamonds syaing he wouldn't play curry at 8 for Sale.

Might not have a choice if SA players get marked as foreign players ;)

I am shared for this match, my heart goes for Scotland but as it seems France has finally decided to play the ***le, we need to keep england in the race... a victory there would keep england a chance to win (and I truly think they can win it) ... Scotts are tough, and always play england at 150 %... due to the match they produced in ireland, the match won't be an easy party for English...

Next head coach please

tim-curry-1-e1569401884298.jpg

For me i really hope we dont play too out of position and add in power. We know what Mako can do and genge needs gametime. And i know we will have curry ay 8 so im accepting that.

Genge LCD Sinks
Itoje Kruis
Underhill Curry(8...accept it!) Ludlam(brings aggression)
Youngs Faz(on Youngs in not even arguing or trying anything new because it wont happen. Id actually rather Mitchell who has played zero rugby)
Devoto JJ (Devoto is a big lad who carries well so defenders cant drift off him but also has good hands to allow JJ to run good lines off him)
May Furbank(15) Daly

George, Mako, Stuart, Lawes, Earl, Heinz, Ford, Thorley

If Daly is in the back three then my choice would be 15 as i dont like him as a winger even worse than FB, he still has defencive and aerial issues but it nullifies some of his attack when he joins the line in the13 channel and acts as an extra playmake who is rapid....but right now we need to find a replacement 15 more than a winger, harsh on thorley who is class but with big Joe, Nowell and Watson all a good age for 2023 wing stocks are quite high.

Thorley is fine off the bench shifting Daly to FB but the priotity is gettong a new FB up to speed.

Well Watson's out, so we can look forward to poor May trying to single handedly make up for the rest of the back 3.

Manu out so we can look forward to the ball moving left and right without purpose while backs with no bulk whatsoever throw themselves with abandon at a fired up Scot defence and go nowhere.

Mako probably fir so can look forward to a terrible scrum as he starts.

Lawes fit so can look forward to a totally out of position player failing to even add value in the line out, even though he's a mile tall.

Young's fit so we can look forward to glacial paced delivery from rucks and mauls with absolutely no dynamism or inspiration.

so plenty for the Scots to look forward to, and I'm now quite glad I'm working.

Well Watson's out, so we can look forward to poor May trying to single handedly make up for the rest of the back 3.

Manu out so we can look forward to the ball moving left and right without purpose while backs with no bulk whatsoever throw themselves with abandon at a fired up Scot defence and go nowhere.

Mako probably fir so can look forward to a terrible scrum as he starts.

Lawes fit so can look forward to a totally out of position player failing to even add value in the line out, even though he's a mile tall.

Young's fit so we can look forward to glacial paced delivery from rucks and mauls with absolutely no dynamism or inspiration.

so plenty for the Scots to look forward to, and I'm now quite glad I'm working.
Lawes Englands top line out performer v France.

25 man squad for Scotland

Forwards

Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Ben Earl (Saracens)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)

Backs

Elliot Daly (Saracens)
Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs)
Owen Farrell (Saracens
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints)
Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Good to see Earl obviously and Launchbury over Ewels.

So a loosehead and a back 5 to be dropped.

My picks: Mako, Lawes
More likely: Earl, Marler

Edit: unless EJ goes 6-2 on the bench and has Heinz and Devoto covering the whole backline, and Launch, Ludlam and Earl all on there.
It'd be very EJ.
More locks n that

So a loosehead and a back 5 to be dropped.

My picks: Mako, Lawes
More likely: Earl, Marler

Edit: unless EJ goes 6-2 on the bench and has Heinz and Devoto covering the whole backline, and Launch, Ludlam and Earl all on there.
It'd be very EJ.
More locks n that
Personally cant see the 6 2 although sometimes a back only gets a minute or 2 .
So I'm a fan of 6 2 with Daly able to cover centre wing Full back would prefer him on bench and Give Thornley a run
Not going to happen however me thinks.

So what is the likly 23 as we have 4 locks and 4 back rowers....knowing EJ
4 itoje
5 kruis
6 lawes
7 underhill
8 curry

19 launch
20 Ludlam

Latest posts