• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs England (08/02/20)

Saw Matt Dawsons article on how good George Ford was, and had to see with my own eyes how wrong he was?
Given that you've subjected yourself to the horror of rewatching that match, with that specific in mind - what's the answer?

Given that you've subjected yourself to the horror of rewatching that match, with that specific in mind - what's the answer?

Im a big Georgie fan, but certainly on rewatching, i wondered why there were so many high pumped crossfield kicks on a day like that, and then so many times he tried to find the 5m channel as well, which is nigh impossible in swirling winds like that. I felt he took too many risks with his kicking game, when drilled grubbers, or pumping it for distance would've been the way too go, that or up and unders to challenge. Definitely not his best game for England, and a more clinical team couldve punished him for the territory he gave away

Im a big Georgie fan, but certainly on rewatching, i wondered why there were so many high pumped crossfield kicks on a day like that, and then so many times he tried to find the 5m channel as well, which is nigh impossible in swirling winds like that. I felt he took too many risks with his kicking game, when drilled grubbers, or pumping it for distance would've been the way too go, that or up and unders to challenge. Definitely not his best game for England, and a more clinical team couldve punished him for the territory he gave away
Fords kicking out of hand is 50 50 most of the time

I thought Farrell was only one who kicked from hand well from both sides, but his goal kicking was poor.
Conditions had a massive effect on this part of game.
I personally read nowt into it other than in these conditions running ball certainly into wind may have been more productive.
But if there is a team wide game plan not to do this then heyho that's just team tactics.

I personally read nowt into it other than in these conditions running ball certainly into wind may have been more productive..
Hard to tell, faulty Scotland line out combined with potential knock ons from soaking wet balls thus not getting the territory. Kicking it out on the full may actually have been more beneficial....

I personally read nowt into it other than in these conditions running ball certainly into wind may have been more productive.

Being without the ball was definitely the way to go, especially as we were missing most of our main carriers. Well though Curry did, that was a Binny kind of a day.

My, oh my, Scotland look dire ... it's like there's an invisible force field like 10 yards away from the try line - anywhere up to there, go ahead, you're fine, you look good ... Oops! Too close, turnover. It's easy to say it's bad luck, but does bad luck become a habit at some point?

Latest posts