• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs France (08/03/20)

You mean Nige , the welshman who stuffed us quite a lot along his honorable service ? Thank god at least we had one at that end, thanks Nige ! Ho I'm no worried to have irish referees when I'm playing England, I will let you wonder why...

For the match vs wales, we have discussed it on the right topic and I think most of the people agreed that we had some tough decisions against us as well

Yes the scots played very well today, we defo made it easy for them, but I cannot call 15 vs 14 fair and square

Apologies, I'm ****** off and biased on this one.
Glad you see you have your beret on , refs make one or two bad errors per match more often than not our teams make 10 times the number of errors its easy to look at the ref rather than our own teams failings .
Have a glass of wine and look forward to beating the Irish.
I actually wished France would do the slam so we don't end up with a now debacle of a 6 N due to a bad cold.
See your country is banning large gatherings so I guess game will be off or behind closed doors, this years tourney is stuffed now.

This time I was right to be optimistic

Not only that, but Scotland maintain the best defensive record in this six nations

Yep, I didn't think they would win but well done to them. France imploded like the old days with poor discipline and the game was lost by half time.
Puts bit of spice into next weeks Wales v Scotland too. neither will want to be in 5th place.
France v Ireland could be tasty too, if it takes place. A lot can happen in a week.

You mean Nige , the welshman who stuffed us quite a lot along his honorable service ? Thank god at least we had one at that end, thanks Nige ! Ho I'm no worried to have irish referees when I'm playing England, I will let you wonder why...

For the match vs wales, we have discussed it on the right topic and I think most of the people agreed that we had some tough decisions against us as well

Yes the scots played very well today, we defo made it easy for them, but I cannot call 15 vs 14 fair and square

Apologies, I'm ****** off and biased on this one.

I don't blame you for being hacked off, or for complaining that the officials might have noticed a bit more than they did. I felt the yellow was harsh tbh.

That said, even if Scotland had someone sin binned from the same incident I doubt the result would have been different. France had ***s for hands much of the time bar Dupont and while Scotland made it difficult for themselves (true to form) they had home advantage. Even then they missed the BP.

Last edited:
8394FB7D-29D7-4B6C-8C5E-C8B647215764.jpeg

Great pic of the punch.:confused:

That's even worse than the TV pictures showed, pure idiocy.

Good to get a home and much needed win, and for once even though the ref missed a fair amount of offside and hands on the floor Scotland at lease got victory. And we had a game plan the a) worked and b) was effectively applied.

On a slight change of topic, I long for the day we see the back of Inverdale even the pundits are embarrassed by his drivel and condescending remarks.

refs make one or two bad errors per match more often than not our teams make 10 times the number of errors its easy to look at the ref rather than our own teams failings.
The difference being if your team makes a mistake, that's on them and they face the consequences. If the referee makes a mistake, one of the teams suffer the consequences. With the referee, touch judges and TMO there shouldn't be BAD mistakes.

The difference being if your team makes a mistake, that's on them and they face the consequences. If the referee makes a mistake, one of the teams suffer the consequences. With the referee, touch judges and TMO there shouldn't be BAD mistakes.
And that is part of sport whatever shape the ball fans players etc have to accept mistakes.
Remember only certain things in law can be corrected by TMO.
So no matter how many replays we can see it's not going to make a difference.
I disagree however every players mistake has a consequence eg. Hogg drops ball add 7 to Scotland score and match is draw.
Consequence could be Townsends job.

Yes, but Townsend is responsible for the team, therefore ultimately responsible for the performance of the players he's picked.

One dropped ball isn't going to cost him his job, a culimination of basic errors might, which as coach he would have had chance to minimise.

To be honest, I think rugby in general is pretty good at taking it on the chin and looking at your own shortcomings as opposed to pointing fingers at the officials.

that'll be the Galthié soufflé going Pheeew. I can't remember a French team talked up like Galthié's lot have been. Scotland gave Fabien a proper reality check.

Haouas has got into fisticuffs with his team mate Bismarck Du Plessis during a T14 pre-match warmup. Someone should have told Momo warmup was over and the game was on... The Scots had clearly done their homework on Haouas. They targeted him and got the reaction they were hoping for. This has always been part of the game.
Les Bleus remain an average lower Top 10 side plagued by known issues. Scrum has been poor in all 4 games. Discipline is a big one and not a quick fix.
They were a penalty giving machine in Japan and still are. 16 penalties in this game?! 5 cards incl. 1 red in 4 games?! Not the stats of a GS winner.

Galthié has plundered Toulouse in the hope that the players will replicate the Toulouse game. No such luck. Les Bleus don't have the cohesion for it. On paper they have the back line for it. On paper. And weakening a great club is not a blue print for success at test level. Picking TWO first starters from same positions (2hookers, 2 LH) makes no sense. This is one aspect of his selection policy Galthié is going to have to address. Not sustainable if the union expects continuous support from the LNR and the Top 14 all the way to 2023...

What is it with the French and actually wanting their team to fail?
Not at all. Just disappointed we've lost Dupont for 6 weeks, Ntamack as well as Baille. That's our HB pair gone for the CCup. This is the 2nd time this season Antoine has got injured playing for les Bleus. It's frustrating for him and for his fans and I'm one of them. He has started 2 games since August for his club, which in a way sums up our season.
To his credit Galthié has restored pride in the jersey and parity with 6N opposition. He's introduced structures and a better attitude. He's a very good technician with a great rugby brain. His coaching history shows the psychology of coaching eludes him though. Ibanez is much better at that.

I don't blame you for being hacked off, or for complaining that the officials might have noticed a bit more than they did. I felt the yellow was harsh tbh.

That said, even if Scotland had someone sin binned from the same incident I doubt the result would have been different. France had ***s for hands much of the time bar Dupont and while Scotland made it difficult for themselves (true to form) they had home advantage. Even then they missed the BP.

Glad you see you have your beret on , refs make one or two bad errors per match more often than not our teams make 10 times the number of errors its easy to look at the ref rather than our own teams failings .
Have a glass of wine and look forward to beating the Irish.
I actually wished France would do the slam so we don't end up with a now debacle of a 6 N due to a bad cold.
See your country is banning large gatherings so I guess game will be off or behind closed doors, this years tourney is stuffed now.

I'm over my frustration now :D Thanks for your calm answers

We will never know what would have hapened, defo Scotland had a solid and intelligent match, very good defense all in all, and our key players went off or had a bad performance. I would just point out that when the red card incident hapened, we were in front (7-6) and the red card killed it for us mentally, Scotland scored a try quickly after (we were outnumbered on the wing, guess why) and it was the end. So I would not agree with Townsend that the red card did not change much, it killed it for the french.

Then what you can do at 14 vs 15 ? They did their best and could have ended with a defensive bonus point if it was not for a lucky scot rebound

But fair enough, the red card was not the fault of the scots, though they would have had a plan to target Haouas because of his history, I would not be that surprised

Haouas had only a 3 week ban, it defo mean for me that the commission has found some mitigating circumstances at the end of the day

Latest posts