• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs France (08/03/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
proxy.php
VS
France.png
15:00, 08/03/2020
Murrayfield, Edinburgh​

Is there any case for Scottish optimism? Something tells me this is a more likely victory than Cardiff would be......

A valid point, maybe if we bother to show up properly Scotland can unpick France. Creative attack will be needed that's for sure.

I'm just not yet convinced that France are back. They've won 3 games, 1 of which was against Italy. Even if they Slam it this year, it doesn't prove much. Some teams scrape together enough luck to sneak a GS, then prove to be nothing but a flash in the pan. Wales, for example, managed a GS in 2012, and then lost their next 8 games, including one to Tier 2 Samoa, and dropped to 11th in the world rankings.

When France put together a good run of results, I'll be convinced. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just there's no real evidence for it yet.

England were dire against France and Wales simply screwed it up against them .No way are they in any way "great" nor approaching it. Ntamack ,if whacked early, will be nullified.Scotland? Just who knows.Look exciting ,then flop .France by 10+.

England were dire against France and Wales simply screwed it up against them .No way are they in any way "great" nor approaching it. Ntamack ,if whacked early, will be nullified.Scotland? Just who knows.Look exciting ,then flop .France by 10+.
So what is the future like?

Sometimes, those « side games » offer really good spectacle, because the players and teams don't feel as much pressure to play tight and feel more relaxed to dare. My instinct tells me this Scotland France could be one of those.
I'm rooting for the bleus, of course, but not in the sense of winning at any cost, what I want to see is improvement, expansion of the possibilities, see where the players pick it up and how far further they bring it, hopefully it's going to be in the same vein than the last games. That's the « new » French mentality, we don't really care if they win or lose, we want to see a step in the direction of a realistic dream.
Teddy Thomas is out of the squad. For good, presumably. Penaud to the rescue.
Plus, flower of scotland at murrayfield alone makes it worth the watching.
Have no idea where Scotland is at, tbh, I expect movement and speed from them. They have nothing to lose, do they ? That should allow them to play with a free mind and no fear.
The family story of Gregory Adritt makes for a nice addition to the game, you don't see French-Scottish players that often.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-u...l-no-divide-alldritt-family-scott-supporting/

Last edited:
Scotland

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Sean Maitland
13 Chris Harris
12 Sam Johnsonin
11 Blair Kinghorn
10 Adam Hastings
9 Ali Price

1 Rory Sutherland
2 Fraser Brown
3 Zander Fagerson
4 Scott Cummings
5 Grant Gilchrist
6 Jamie Ritchie
7 Hamish Watson
8 Nick Haining

Replacements:

16 Stuart Mcinally
17 Allan Dell
18 Wp Nel
19 Sam Skinner
20 Magnus Bradbury
21 George Horn
22 Duncan Weir
23 Kyle Steynre

France

15 Anthony Bouthier
14 Damian Penaud
13 Virimi Vakatawa
12 Arthur Vincent
11 Gael Fickou
10 Romain Ntamack
9 Antoine Dupont

1 Jefferson Poirot
2 Julien Marchand
3 Mohammed Haouas
4 Bernard Le Roux
5 Paul Willemse
6 François Cros
7 Charles Ollivon
8 Gregory Alldritt

Replacements:

16 Camille Chatre
17 Jean-Baptiste Gros
18 Demba Bamba
19 Romain Taofifenua
20 Dylan Cretin
21 Baptiste Serin
22 Matthieu Jalibert
23 Thomas Ramosre

I personally think Scotland can do it, at the moment they have the best defensive record in the 6 Nations so far (only 2 tries conceded)

I personally think Scotland can do it, at the moment they have the best defensive record in the 6 Nations so far (only 2 tries conceded)

They do, but there has to be a little asterisk to that because one game was played in a ferocious storm where tries are gonna be superhard to come by and another was played against Italy, who have been nilled twice in three games. A good defensive performance in Dublin though, without a doubt.

You'd have to be a real optimist to see Scotland winning this one. If France continue playing their brand of exciting rugby I fancy its 4 from 4 and deserved 6 Nations winners.

You'd have to be a real optimist to see Scotland winning this one. If France continue playing their brand of exciting rugby I fancy its 4 from 4 and deserved 6 Nations winners.

You have to be an optimist any time Scotland play at the moment

I am really nervous about this match, but optimistic. Dupont and Ntamack are key.

Bagpipe lady on top of the roof. First time i've seen that.

Latest posts