• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs France (08/03/20)

Maybe i'm being too harsh, but his head was going into the ground.

Ntamack not starting well. It is going to be one of those days ?

Scotland doing their best not to capitalise on it. Screw it, let's eat up the clock with scrums!

... Good grief!

What on earth? If Tuilagi deserved a red card yesterday - seeing a truly dangerous tip tackle only get a yellow - what is going on?
Mike

What on earth? If Tuilagi deserved a red card yesterday - seeing a truly dangerous tip tackle only get a yellow - what is going on?
Mike

My thoughts exactly. France is my team, but that was a red. He was very lucky.

Have to say, I don't think it was a card at all.
He hit the carrier below the centre of gravity, which means that the carrier was always going to topple. For me, that wasn't a lift, it's what happens when you hit a carrier below their centre of gravity whilst your knees are on the ground, 2 things can happen - your hips flex and you get knocked off the tackle, or they don't, and it looks like a lift because that's how biomechanics works - which makes it look far worse than it is.

AKA, there was no lift, no tip, and no downwards force, no fault, at worst, the offence is obeying the laws of physics.
Possibly not even a penalty, rugby incident.

Comparing to Manu is silly - that was a bit to the head due to clumsiness / overcommitment.

Have to say, I don't think it was a card at all.
He hit the carrier below the centre of gravity, which means that the carrier was always going to topple. For me, that wasn't a lift, it's what happens when you hit a carrier below their centre of gravity whilst your knees are on the ground, 2 things can happen - your hips flex and you get knocked off the tackle, or they don't, and it looks like a lift because that's how biomechanics works - which makes it look far worse than it is.

AKA, there was no lift, no tip, and no downwards force.
Possibly not even a penalty, rugby incident

For me he doesn't intentionally lift, but he raises his body which leads to the tip. Therefore he has lifted him and he's landed on his head. It was clumsy and I think yellow is fair.

Latest posts