• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs France (08/03/20)

How in this modern age of rugby do you throw a punch ?
Yup, And it's not even an instinctive reaction - it had been going for a while when he through that. Plenty of time for the brain to have kicked in and said "hands down"

That was a very very poor half from France. It is a disgrace really. But credit to Scotland. They took their chances.

Scotland finally taking advantage of being a man up. Never going to have a better opportunity to get a good, confident 6N's win.

Ritchie threw a punch as well there, not as clear cut but he should have seen at least yellow.

The French prop is just an idiot, absolutely no need for it.

Surely that's irrelevant. If one player throws a punch and the other throws one back they both should get punished. Ritchie is lucky and gets away with being an arsehole again.
It's a mixture for one you can't really expect someone to not react to bring pushed. Plus whilst he throws them I'm unsure if he really connects.

It rarely comes up these days but I've only ever seen the person who threw the first punch penalised rarely a retaliation. Only other people are those who then join afterwards.

So, well done Scotland so far - France should be done to 13 men and 14-0 behind 0 but then, with SH refsm what can ine expect?
Mike

Yup, And it's not even an instinctive reaction - it had been going for a while when he through that. Plenty of time for the brain to have kicked in and said "hands down"
Actually, on these angles, I take that back a little.
Ritchie cocked his arm back to clock him him, he just reacted more quickly and threw first.

Ritchie VERY lucky that Haouas was so quick with the retaliation.

Of course, still the clearest red card offence you could hope to see

It's a mixture for one you can't really expect someone to not react to bring pushed. Plus whilst he throws them I'm unsure if he really connects.

It rarely comes up these days but I've only ever seen the person who threw the first punch penalised rarely a retaliation. Only other people are those who then join afterwards.

Yeah I get that. However Ritchie definitely exacerbated the handbags before the punch and then tried to punch back after. For me he's not innocent. Again no excuse for Haouas at all, but I personally think Ritchie is a bit of a prick and is always getting involved in these things. He deserved a talking to at least.

France in the first half, a yellow, a red a try and behind by 7 points. It will take some serious mental strength to win this now.

He deserved a talking to at least.
That I can agree on the ref should of spoken to both teams. The punch didn't start it (which makes it even more stupid) and he should be telling players to cut it out.

I think France are missing Ntamack more than their prop

Apparently there was no red card for the last six years in the 6N and now we have two in the two games this weekend.

Vakatawa has played that on the floor, how has that not been caught?

Latest posts