• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Wales vs Italy (01/02/20)

I completely agree with the penalty there, he was in at the side. Issue is that while Pearce is calling it today. Next week another ref will not and they'll get away with it. Absolutely no consistency in what refs call or don't call.

Haha, collapsed scrum infrobt of the posts no penalty....

Quick give wales a penalty

Should have gone with WGJ. I'd expect him to lock the scrum better than Dillon is.

That was so clearly dropped by the two Welsh locks - it had already broken away from the dropped Italian players so that had no effect

Of course he knows what he's doing, pundits are always heaping praise on him for it that wasn't my point it's just too much at times and IMO at times against the spirit of the game rugby prides itself on core values etc which separates it from footy, to me some of this directly contradicts that, I realise he is however a national hero to the Welsh, therefore this will not be a popular view for them.

I'm not sure he's disrespectful, he's very forward about it, I'll give you that. Passion is also a big part of the game and you can be both. I think majority of the welsh know what AWJ is and isn't, regardless of what the beeb says. The main thing is, he's the most experienced captain and that's why we need him.

Gives a penalty there but when its in front of the posts in a position that's beneficial to Italy nothing.

The scrum is one of the Italy's biggest weapons being null and voided

I'm not sure he's disrespectful, he's very forward about it, I'll give you that. Passion is also a big part of the game and you can be both. I think majority of the welsh know what AWJ is and isn't, regardless of what the beeb says. The main thing is, he's the most experienced captain and that's why we need him.
He's a great captain and is needed right now no doubt, I would just like to see a ref tell him to wind his neck in once in a while and curb it a little...

He just slapped the ball out of the 9s hands and they didn't even think about a penalty

They have to look at that - Biggar picked the ball up from in front of it so was offside surely?

Edit:
Wow, ******* incompetent. That slap out of the 9s hands was clear as day

He just slapped the ball out of the 9s hands and they didn't even think about a penalty

They have to look at that - Biggar picked the ball up from in front of it so was offside surely?

Edit:
Wow, ******* incompetent. That slap out of the 9s hands was clear as day

Yeah, I noticed the Biggar pick up too, but the ball slap was more obvious.

Biggar was so offside it's ridiculous. I know we let attack do whatever they want to keep the ball but that was absurd.

the Knock on was whatever it was more than a few phases before the try and missed knock one happen.

Ref needs to grow a pair - when he's having to ask the water boy to drag Biggar away he should be yellow carding him for dissent

I'm done,
How are italy supposed to improve when they have to play against 16.

got to say poor reffing has pretty much ended what could have at the very least made this an entertaining game for the neutral.

If that was a knock on, could of been a shout for a pen as halfpenny handles it in front of the offside line?

I really liked Pearce a couple years ago but he cares way too much about the players liking him.

Latest posts