• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland (31/10/20)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1603807385226.png

Wales players will wear black armbands to remember JJ Williams, one of the greats from their legendary 70s team, who has died aged 72. Very sad. RIP.

Lee and Hill didn't do too much wrong last week but hopefully both Francis and Rowlands can have a of an impact in the game. Really happy for Shane Lewis Hughes to get a chance, Wales did seem really outmuscled up front against France so he should help in that regard. I thought Tompkins did ok last week, still adjusting to international rugby, Watkins is still young but still hasn't kicked on to what I would have hoped. Apparently LRZ has a slight injury so I expect him to get a chance next game, Williams did look a bit rusty in the Scarlets game last week but North can't continue another game where you forgot he was even playing.
Wales have shore up their defence or Scotland have the ability to score a number of tries. I think this one could go either way.

Wales still too weak on defence especially now without North. Deers in the headlights last week and I don't know if a week is enough to sort it out. Failed to make big money out of 16 penalties from the French.

Japan would easily beat Wales. Scotland by at least 10.

Wales still too weak on defence especially now without North. Deers in the headlights last week and I don't know if a week is enough to sort it out. Failed to make big money out of 16 penalties from the French.

Japan would easily beat Wales. Scotland by at least 10.
Is North especially good defensively?

Is North especially good defensively?
Not really no. He's fine for international level, definitely not Cuthbert levels bad but I would say Liam Williams is probably better defensively, better under the high ball and currently more of a threat with the ball in hand.

No South African in the Scotland team....they will certainly lose because of this...how dare they? Go Wales!!!

No South African in the Scotland team....they will certainly lose because of this...how dare they? Go Wales!!!
Nope ... but there are 4 Englishmen (Watson, Price, Lang and Harris) and a Kiwi (Thomson)

Tipuric out with "tonsillitis"

James Davies starts, Rufus Wainwright onto the bench

JFC!
Did I really hear Jiffy calling AWJ "the best Welsh player in history"?

Has he not heard of Gareth Edwards?
Let alone a good few dozen better players who've worn the Welsh jersey.

In Gareth and JPR, Sales have genuine contenders for "best rugby player in history"
AWJ may just about be the best Welsh lock in history, but he'd be nowhere in "best lock in history"

JFC!
Did I really hear Jiffy calling AWJ "the best Welsh player in history"?

Has he not heard of Gareth Edwards?
Let alone a good few dozen better players who've worn the Welsh jersey.
Shhh don't disturb the fawning over Saint whinge.

AWJ tackle and carry count, what we saying?

I'm going for 4 carries for around 5m
6 tackles

Honestly don't know who I want to lose more. I'll go Wales just to spoil the AWJ love in.

Latest posts