• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 3 (14-16 February)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 14 February 2020

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
MQA0SnJ.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0H1BUm0.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)
Saturday, 15 February 2020

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
USJKAyt.png

Venue: Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium
Time: 05:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

N3MsRxF.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday. 16 February 2020

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
fioHFlp.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 01:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I feel that if he Sharks can knock over the Hurricanes this weekend they can go 4/4 on their tour.

Crusaders
Waratahs
Sunwolves
Sharks
Brumbies
Stormers
Jaguares

Last week I changed my mind on a couple of upset picks and went back to the favorites and ended up being wrong. This week I'm standing pat with my upset picks.

Last edited:
I am with you on all the picks expect for the Sunwolves vs Chiefs, I feel the Chiefs can beat the Sunwolves.

Crusaders
Waratahs
Sunwolves
Sharks
Brumbies
Stormers
Jaguares

Last week I changed my mind on a couple of upset picks and went back to the favorites and ended up being wrong. This week I'm standing pat with my upset picks.

Predictions:
Blues v Crusaders - got a feeling that this could be tricky for the Crusaders but they should have the nous to pull through.
Rebels v Waratahs - the Tahs were very poor against the Blues. two average teams.
Sunwolves v Chiefs - Chiefs looking very good at the moment.
Hurricanes v Sharks - this is tough to call. a great win for the Canes against the Jags but the Sharks are full of confidence. just think the Sharks will get over the line again.
Brumbies v Highlanders - can see this game being close but the Brumbies should take it.
Lions v Stormers - best team in the African conference I reckon. can't see the Lions winning this even at home.
Jaguares v Reds - these are the types of games the Jaguares will win comfortably.

crusaders
thas
chiefs
sharks
landers
stormers
jags

Ahh now it makes sense ! XD well they are playing some good rugga at the moment ! All the best !

I'm a Sunwolves fan (possibly the only one on this board) hanging on to my dream by a thread. :D

By the way - does anyone know if they're playing in Suva or anything like that this season? That game last year was incredible, what a crowd!

Gimme...

Crusaders (easily)
'Tahs (Rebels should already be worried)
Chieves (teehee)
'Canes (but only just)
Highlanders (huzzah)
Lions (lookin' good)
Jags (by a lot)

Blues (I think people might be underestimating the losses the Saders have this year, Whitelock is huge, Todd is Huge, their pack may not be the dominant force they were in the past which will make a difference, I'm taking a punt that the Blues at home will make it happen)
Tahs (It's do or die for these two teams, it comes down to grit and organisation and I just haven't seen it from the Rebels this year)
Chiefs (Surely the Chiefs aren't the rebels...)
Hurricanes (Sharks look really good but I just have a feeling the Hurricanes are going to find their feet at home, hope I'm mistaken, love me some Sjak)
Highlanders (They were poor last week but it was their first game, they felt very close to clicking just not right there, I can see the Brumbies dominating early based on set piece but the Highlanders making up the deficit with some decent flair and the right man at 10)
Storms (EZ)
Jags (Hard to imagine the Reds being a challenge here, a decent team, but winning in Argentina is a hard ask for the best teams in the comp which I don't think the Reds are)

Last edited:
Sunwolves have been a banana skin for the chiefs. Really need to put them away

saders
rebels
chiefs
head says sharks, heart says canes
higlanders
stormers
jaguares

maybe the term "B Team" is not fair but the chiefs are resting a number of big names this weekend for a game which they should be aiming to get max points from. no banana's please!
Cane, Cruden and ALB rested!

Damian McKenzie, Shaun Stevenson, Quinn Tupaea, Alex Nankivell, Solomon Alaimalo, Kaleb Trask, Brad Weber (c), Dylan Nel, Lachlan Boshier, Adam Thomson, Michael Allardice, Tyler Ardron, Atu Moli, Bradley Slater, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ross Geldenhuys, Reuben O'Neill, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Mitchell Brown, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Tiaan Falcon, Orbyn Leger.

Great to see proud fellow Sligo clubman Conan O'Donnell on the bench for Highlanders. Love to see a few more Irish in Super Rugby.

head says sharks, heart says canes
es

My head say Hurricanes, heart says Sharks. Still struggling to wrap my head around expecting the Sharks to win away in Wellington. Just more news FYI our mercurial playmaker Bosch is out of the game and a rookie had to replace him at pivot for this game, so smart money would probably now be on the Hurricanes to win.

With that said I'm going to make my predictions now and I'm not gonna listen to smart money!

Shaders (away win)
Tahs (away win)
Chiefs (away win)
Sharkies (away win)
Landers (away win)
Stormers (away win)
Jags (damn you jags but I'm not that brave to go for a reds away win)

So yea I guess you could say I'm brave overall with mostly away win predictions.

Saders (Blues my nemesis team, still think the Crusaders have enough collective experience on exactly how to bounce back and to unsettle this improving Blues outfit)
Tahs (Rebels have a disastrous track record against the Tahs and this year they look even weaker)
Chiefs (Lovely running game, Wolves to give it their all and then realize who they playing against, 2020 finalists(going brave here))
Hurricanes (Last weeks Canes win against the Jags is exactly what the Sharks didn't need, with Bosch not playing and the Canes bouncing back, feel the Canes to take a close and entertaining game)
Brumbies (Highlanders will keep on improving but only get results about round 4-5 and then remain competitive, Brumbies will be to strong at home)
Stormers (See old Jannie being scrummed back to France and the Stormers to make new Lions coach Ivan say WTF did I get myself into...)
Jags (To give the Reds a good hiding)

Last edited:

Latest posts