• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 5 (28-29 February)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 28 February 2020

iZ3E9uZ.png
VS.
0H1BUm0.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

qq7ut5l.png
VS.
N3MsRxF.png

Venue: Bankwest Stadium
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 29 February 2020

vpS1LbI.png
VS.
DuwVG9p.png

Venue: Mclean Park
Time: 05:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
mS6KHOz.png

Venue: DHL Newlands Stadium
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

sMF6Yxy.png
VS.
QWfy9jJ.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Highlanders
Waratahs
Hurricanes
Sharks
Stormers
Jaguares

Landers (please *insert higher authority here...maybe Ben Smith*)
Lions
Canes
Sharks
Stormers
Jags

Highlanders
Lions
Canes
Sharks
Stormers
Bulls

winners this weekend:
Highlanders - high scoring and entertaining game I think. Rebels are decent in attack.
Lions - just think the Waratahs are really struggling at the moment and the Lions have got points in them.
Hurricanes - self explanatory. could be a long 80 minutes for the Sunwolves.
Reds - can see them winning this one at home. close.
Stormers - too good for the Blues I think. home win by 12 points.
Bulls - the Bulls have to win this one and I think they will. Jags haven't got going yet and are unreliable away from home.

Landers
Tahs
Canes
Sharks
Stormers
Bulls (I think this could be a Morne Steyn type of game, just keep knocking them over, Jags the better team at the moment though)

Man, you guys have a lot more faith in my Bulls team than I have for this game.

I really do hope we win, as we've now lost 3 on the trot. But the Jags are a good team, and they tend to play well at Loftus.

Lions tahs is hardest to pick.

and landers rebels, I say at half time haha.
Otherwise
Canes
Sharks
Stormers
Jaguares

Well well, there goes my SuperBru first game with a Landers loss

Sometimes I just don't like super rugby, a bad run of games, more than three or four and your seasons pretty much gone

Sometimes I just don't like super rugby, a bad run of games, more than three or four and your seasons pretty much gone
More than half the teams make the playoffs, though it sure helps to be in a substandard conference.

but yeah.

it's hard to hone your game, too little time.

I really enjoy watching the highlanders even when they lose. That probably wouldn't be the case if they were my number one team.

they really need to fix their line out. Maybe parete needs to move to the loose forwards.

good news is the missed tackle count seemed a lot less this week, and I didn't see any from the 10 12 axis , though their inability to dominate the tackle did help toomua play an offload game. aaron smith spent his time trying to clear rucks rather than wasting time telling the referee that the opposition were doing something wrong in the ruck. That seemed to help the highlanders attack. So I think there are some positives. Hopefully bobby t will find some top form soon.

I made that prediction a week ago. I just quoted my superbru picks.

Attachments

• superbru.jpg
    superbru.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 4
What a strange game (RedvSha). Don't think the score reflects the difference between both teams.

I was very impressed with the sharks scrum thou. I thought the reds would maul them there.

Latest posts