• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 6 (06-07 March)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Friday, 06 March 2020

VS.

Venue: WIN Stadium
Time: 05:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

VS.

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

VS.

Venue: WIN Stadium
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 07 March 2020

VS.

Venue: Sky Stadium
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

VS.

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

VS.

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

VS.

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 17:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

unrated

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

Driving back from Durban today I thought, Hein gave up on this thread for Super rugby thing! Guess when I get home I need to create a round 5 thread because I need to rant about #SharksVsJags. Thankfully I don't need to do it now.

Also can I suggest that when people comment on these threads where multiple games are played that they specify which game they are commenting on? Obviously everyone can do what they want but I do think it would help the people who read these threads on a Monday to dissect towards what games what commentary was made on. And we will know that "spectacular try there" was actually for the (insert team here) game.

Oliver Madden

Academy Player
Reaction score
Predictions:
Sunwolves v Brumbies - should be a very straightforward game for the Brumbies. could be another big margin of defeat for the Sunwolves
Crusaders v Reds - only one outcome here. home win by 20 plus points.
Waratahs v Chiefs - Chiefs should be too strong but coming in a bit rusty off a bye week. may be closer than first appears on paper.
Hurricanes v Blues - got a feeling that was a massive win for the Blues last week in terms of their self-belief. mind you the Canes are looking good. tough one to call.
Rebels v Lions - made the mistake of picking the Lions last week, not this time. Rebels to give them a hiding.
Sharks v Jaguares - Sharks looking good at the moment and I think they'll win this one. not sure about the best team in the African conference as of yet.
Bulls v Highlanders - think the Bulls will lose yet again I'm afraid.

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Driving back from Durban today I thought, Hein gave up on this thread for Super rugby thing! Guess when I get home I need to create a round 5 thread because I need to rant about #SharksVsJags. Thankfully I don't need to do it now.

Also can I suggest that when people comment on these threads where multiple games are played that they specify which game they are commenting on? Obviously everyone can do what they want but I do think it would help the people who read these threads on a Monday to dissect towards what games what commentary was made on. And we will know that "spectacular try there" was actually for the (insert team here) game.
The only reason why I left it late was because of the Sunwolves vs. Brumbies game, as we weren't sure when the game would take place, or if it will take place at all.

It was originally scheduled to be played on Sunday, but they moved it to Friday, and to the same venue as the Waratahs game.

It will be a double header on Friday at the same venue, with a 2 hour interval inbetween.

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Old Mission

Brumbies
Crusaders
Chiefs
Hurricanes
Rebels
Sharks
Highlanders

petite

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Argentina

sunwolves (my crazy prediction of the week)
crusaders
chiefs
canes
lions (has to happen some time)
jags (just desire)
landers

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

Ponies
Saders
Chiefs
Canes
Rebels
Jaguares
Landers

unrated

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

Aussie ferral horses
Crusaders
Chiefs
Canes
Lions
Sharks
Bulls (By 20+)

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Old Mission

sunwolves (my crazy prediction of the week)
crusaders
chiefs
canes
lions (has to happen some time)
jags (just desire)
landers
I like your crazy prediction. The Sunwolves are my team, but I don't feel they'll win this week. I hope you're right though.

Gena_ZA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

I'm late - yellow card for me

Brumbies
Crusaders
Chiefs
Hurricanes
Lions
Sharks
Highlanders

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

The tahs are so painful to watch. They're the little engine that couldn't.

Larksea

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Chiefs 38 point 2nd half demo job 4tw :cool:

Oliver Madden

Academy Player
Reaction score
the Chiefs really turned it on in the 2nd half. 14 - 13 down at HT and they win 51 - 14!. I think the Chiefs could be the best side in the comp, especially after seeing the Crusaders scrape a win against the Reds in pretty unimpressive fashion.

Larksea

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

How the heck did that 2nd tahs try get awarded? The TMO actually looked at it right? He clearly lost it as he was trying to ground.

petite

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Argentina

I like your crazy prediction. The Sunwolves are my team, but I don't feel they'll win this week. I hope you're right though.
well we did our best..

unrated

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

What does people think regarding what transpired in the final 20 mins of the HurrvsBlues match

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Old Mission

What does people think regarding what transpired in the final 20 mins of the HurrvsBlues match
I didn't see that match. Now that you've made it mysterious I'll have to watch the replay on ESPN+.

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Old Mission

Well my Sunwolves were blown out for the third match in a row. But this blowout loss to the Brumbies wasn't as bad as the last two. This match was supposed to be played in Tokyo, but they moved it to Australia because of the coronavirus. The commentator mentioned that the Sunwolves might not get to play at home again this season. That's too bad because the Sunwolves attendance in Tokyo is usually very good.

RugbyUSA

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Old Mission

The Blues had a 15-12 player advantage at one point in those final twenty minutes and missed a drop kick instead of holding onto the ball and going for another try and the bonus point. Is that what you're referring too? Anyway, they got the win and snapped a very long losing streak to the Hurricanes. I'm not sure, but I think the commentator said the Blues had lost nine in a row to the Hurricanes.