• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 6 (06-07 March)

Yea Hurricanes got a deserved red card and then two yellows and a penalty try against them. If i was a Hurricanes fan i would be pretty ****** off at rugby right now. Luckily im not a Hurricanes fan.

Well, considering what all that took place, it's amazing we are only 10 points behind.
We need to fix our defense.

Whole Sharks Backline has been impressive but it's the forwards that has supprised me the most. They needed to step up and they have so far this season. Sharks look very dangerous every time we have the ball.

Forwards have done really well, I enjoy watching James Venter play.

Whole Sharks Backline has been impressive but it's the forwards that has supprised me the most. They needed to step up and they have so far this season. Sharks look very dangerous every time we have the ball.

Yes highlanders, play your game away to the Blue Bulls in a blue kit.
Worst clash of kits I've seen for ages.
Surely Blues should swop as home team soon.
Virtually impossible to watch on phone at present maybe better on TV however.

The colour clash in the Bulls/Highlanders game is unacceptable.
I saw the same in Europe (Glasgow Warriors v Connacht at Glasgow's home). Despite there was no colour clash, Connacht played in the 2nd kits. Then the refree made Glasgow to change to the 2nd kits after the 1st half.

Yea Hurricanes got a deserved red card and then two yellows and a penalty try against them. If i was a Hurricanes fan i would be pretty ****** off at rugby right now. Luckily im not a Hurricanes fan.

Neither am I. But then again, I'm a Sunwolves fan. Our team doesn't win often, but we love 'em.

The colour clash in the Bulls/Highlanders game is unacceptable.
I saw the same in Europe (Glasgow Warriors v Connacht at Glasgow's home). Despite there was no colour clash, Connacht played in the 2nd kits. Then the refree made Glasgow to change to the 2nd kits after the 1st half.

What took them 'til halftime to notice the clash in the Bull/Highlanders game? The rest of us noticed it the second both teams took the field before the game. :rolleyes:

Worst clash of kits I've seen for ages.
Surely Blues should swop as home team soon.
Virtually impossible to watch on phone at present maybe better on TV however.

Yes, it looked ridiculous. The scrums looked like 30 guys from the same team going at it. :D

@Jabby what did you think of the scrum penalties against the highlanders? It seemed to me that the highlanders, while clearly being dominated, actually stayed bound, stayed down, and attempted to stay square most of the time yet got penalised when it was actually the bulls infringing, eg standing up. You can't just penalise a team for having a worse scrum, that is clearly not the intention of a scrum, it is about contesting posession.

despite the blues not putting the hurricanes away they showed signs at times, like in the first half last week, of being able to take risks for opportunities rather than for desperation, to be able to attack confidently wand quickly with good skill execution. The best attack they've had in many years.

88346942_975760436153638_8036419732540227584_n.jpg

Seems like SANZAAR is to blame for the jersey clash, as they approved the kit for the Highlanders to wear.

Luckily the Bulls had that yellow kit on hand as it's the kit they are supposed to wear when they go on tour to play against the Waratahs.

What baffles me is why didn't the Highlanders bring their away kit for their away tour, and why did SANZAAR approve their home kit knowing it would clash.

Great to see the chiefs back on form, its s o frustrating that they seem to have a habit of dropping a game early in the season they should win.
IMO Brad Weber has to be fast tracking his way to becoming the #1 halfback in NZ, Smith is great and I'm a huge Perenara fan but Webers form lasy year and so far this year has been magic.
Solomon Alaimalo and Shaun Stevenson have to start joining in on All Black Conversations as well. Both just 24 and really starting to kick on.

That Hurricanes vs blues game was a bit of a jaw dropper, the Cards obviously cost the Hurricanes the game I dont think the blues would have won that one without the massive numbers advantage.
But that last one, while the card may have been warranted the penalty try was not. Correct me if I'm wrong but a penalty try has to be in the act of scoring a try, if there are still a ball that need to be caught, passes to be made or defender to be beaten you cant call a penalty try a try has to literally be in the process of being scored. Also watching the replay's the pass that was tipped forward by Jordie Barrett was clearly well behind the player it was intended for and was clearly going to find grass.
check it out for yourself 4:00

Great to see the chiefs back on form, its s o frustrating that they seem to have a habit of dropping a game early in the season they should win.
IMO Brad Weber has to be fast tracking his way to becoming the #1 halfback in NZ, Smith is great and I'm a huge Perenara fan but Webers form lasy year and so far this year has been magic.
Solomon Alaimalo and Shaun Stevenson have to start joining in on All Black Conversations as well. Both just 24 and really starting to kick on.

That Hurricanes vs blues game was a bit of a jaw dropper, the Cards obviously cost the Hurricanes the game I dont think the blues would have won that one without the massive numbers advantage.
But that last one, while the card may have been warranted the penalty try was not. Correct me if I'm wrong but a penalty try has to be in the act of scoring a try, if there are still a ball that need to be caught, passes to be made or defender to be beaten you cant call a penalty try a try has to literally be in the process of being scored. Also watching the replay's the pass that was tipped forward by Jordie Barrett was clearly well behind the player it was intended for and was clearly going to find grass.
check it out for yourself 4:00

Haha classic; at the time I thought the penalty try was fair but you are right that the pass was well off. And if it wasn't, jordies intercept attempt would be legit, so you could argue that was what he was expecting.

on alaimalo and Stevenson I'd be surprised is alaimalo doesn't make an all blacks squad this year for sure. I've actually been really impressed with Jordie this year though; him and Solomon are clearly our best in the air. George bridge hasn't been in top form so far either. We have a lot of outside back options.

We don't have a lot of locks standing up though.

Seems like SANZAAR is to blame for the jersey clash, as they approved the kit for the Highlanders to wear.

Luckily the Bulls had that yellow kit on hand as it's the kit they are supposed to wear when they go on tour to play against the Waratahs.

What baffles me is why didn't the Highlanders bring their away kit for their away tour, and why did SANZAAR approve their home kit knowing it would clash.

that was our away/change kit...that's the problem, both our kits are slightly different shade of blue

@Jabby what did you think of the scrum penalties against the highlanders? It seemed to me that the highlanders, while clearly being dominated, actually stayed bound, stayed down, and attempted to stay square most of the time yet got penalised when it was actually the bulls infringing, eg standing up. You can't just penalise a team for having a worse scrum, that is clearly not the intention of a scrum, it is about contesting posession.

despite the blues not putting the hurricanes away they showed signs at times, like in the first half last week, of being able to take risks for opportunities rather than for desperation, to be able to attack confidently wand quickly with good skill execution. The best attack they've had in many years.
Scrums **** me off and have done for a long time, I honestly don't think some of these refs actually know why they're penalising, just that scrum collapse/breakup means penalty

I was one of those few people that use to love a good old fashioned forwards game with big scrums and stuff....not it's just scrum penalties and mauls you're not allowed to stop

Latest posts