• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Super Rugby] Round 7 (13-15 March)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
pD5fGAx.jpg

Friday, 13 March 2020

USJKAyt.png
VS.
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato
Time: 08:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Saturday, 14 March 2020

mS6KHOz.png
VS.
N3MsRxF.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 05:25 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

DuwVG9p.png
VS.
MQA0SnJ.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 07:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
VS.
sMF6Yxy.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 10:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

0votoCs.png
VS.
a2r4rag.png

Venue: Jonsson's Kings Park
Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 15 March 2020

QWfy9jJ.png
VS.
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 01:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ublspfx.png
VS.
qq7ut5l.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 07:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Chiefs
Blues
Crusaders
Reds
Stormers
Jaguares
Brumbies

Ah well each to his own I guess, I would say the Stormers will be lucky to walk away with a single log point but ofcourse I am heavy bias XD

Just a guess, I didn't even look at the standings.

Ah well each to his own I guess, I would say the Stormers will be lucky to walk away with a single log point but ofcourse I am heavy bias XD

Well if there's one team that can beat the Sharks in Durban, it is the Stormers. But the Sharks are the team to beat this year. I don't think the Stormers will win this weekend though.

True the Stormers have a decent record in durban, if the Sharks pack can manage to handle the Stormers pack I think the Stormers is in for a hiding. If not then it might be very close but with a Sharks win.

But as I said I don't even hide that I am bias.

Well if there's one team that can beat the Sharks in Durban, it is the Stormers. But the Sharks are the team to beat this year. I don't think the Stormers will win this weekend though.

Chiefs v Hurricanes - Chiefs should be too good at home.
Blues v Lions - The renaissance to continue in emphatic style. The Lions look hopeless this year.
Sunwolves v Crusaders - only one outcome here. Crusaders by 30 even if they rotate their line-up.
Reds v Bulls - liked what I saw from the Reds last week and I think they'll build on that here but the Bulls will keep it close.
Sharks v Stormers - the Sharks are the more rounded and complete team. The Stormers could win this but they'd have to dominate up front. The home team have greater cutting edge out wide.
Jaguares v Highlanders - I'm not actually that convinced about this pick because the Jaguares lost to the Hurricanes at home. Just think the Highlanders will be very low on confidence after their Loftus nightmare.
Brumbies v Waratahs - good old fashioned derby here but could be one-way traffic this time.

True the Stormers have a decent record in durban, if the Sharks pack can manage to handle the Stormers pack I think the Stormers is in for a hiding. If not then it might be very close but with a Sharks win.

But as I said I don't even hide that I am bias.

Don't be so confident John, you know the Sharks are not a home team and I still consider the Stormers as the SA team with the best squad. That's blues loss by the Stormers was a mental anonomaly.

With that said the Sharks kick and chase (contestable) strategy with the durb humidity might play into our hands (excuse the pun). Dillyn Leyds will be exposed mark my words. Their forward pack would need to destroy us in the scrums and line outs then Stormers win, if we can alteast be par with line outs and scrums then we will beat them by more than a score. Their pack is the envy of many. Our pack is punching above their weight.

Everit should rotate our locks more, give the youth such as van Der mescht a chance. Hyron Andrews and Ruben van Heerden is not Pieter Steph du Toit or Etzebeth. Van Der mescht maybe has that potential.

I think Sharks can sneak this but am not confident. Let's not get on out doom horses just because Stormers lost that Blues match they are not suddenly ****.

True the Sharks is not a home team. But this season seem to be a change in the wind. ( so far ). Only thing I currently rate at the Stormers is the pack they have. Don't rate their backline at all. Even in the games before the Blues I was never really to convinced about them. Feel they are hiding behind the pack and with PSTD also injured that pack seems a lot weaker anyway. Just the props left to be reckon with.

Sharks locks do need a rotate. I would like to see more from Le Roets and van der Mescht.

I just feel the Sharks will be to much for the Stormers all round. I may need to eat humble pie and I don't mind my boytjies is playing lovely rugga and the spirit and belief Everit brought to the team is just amazing.

I am feeling a 12+ Sharks victory...

Don't be so confident John, you know the Sharks are not a home team and I still consider the Stormers as the SA team with the best squad. That's blues loss by the Stormers was a mental anonomaly.

With that said the Sharks kick and chase (contestable) strategy with the durb humidity might play into our hands (excuse the pun). Dillyn Leyds will be exposed mark my words. Their forward pack would need to destroy us in the scrums and line outs then Stormers win, if we can alteast be par with line outs and scrums then we will beat them by more than a score. Their pack is the envy of many. Our pack is punching above their weight.

Everit should rotate our locks more, give the youth such as van Der mescht a chance. Hyron Andrews and Ruben van Heerden is not Pieter Steph du Toit or Etzebeth. Van Der mescht maybe has that potential.

I think Sharks can sneak this but am not confident. Let's not get on out doom horses just because Stormers lost that Blues match they are not suddenly ****.

Last edited:
Pieter Steph, siya, bongi. They're not the team they could have been. Surely they'll be hurting after that blues showing though. It will be a big game with both teams wanting to make a statement

Chiefs v Hurricanes - Chiefs shows good form and Damien back; also the Canes is a toxic team this year, hope they loose by 20+
Blues v Lions - This could be a very long 80min for the Lions..
Sunwolves v Crusaders - Bring the rotations, win comfortably, next game please
Reds v Bulls - 50/50 on this one, both seems to be hitting a bit of form, but home grand goes, by a whisker
Sharks v Stormers - Poor home record, but a few of the old habits are changing this season. Stormers should play horses for courses and put Damien at 15 and Cobus at 4, trying to beat the Sharks at their own game is not going to work in 20202. Unsettle them and hit hard, Stormers could shock the Sharks at home
Jaguares v Highlanders - Jags to show a massive improvement here at home
Brumbies v Waratahs - Brumbies have a great flow to their game and the Tahs have a great stutter to their game

canes
blues
saders
bulls
sharks
landers
brumbies

Chiefs
Blues
Saders
Bulls
Sharks
Jags
Ferral ponies

Pro14 and Major League Rugby suspended their seasons today. I wonder if SupeRugby will make a similar announcement soon? I hope not, but I understand if they go that route.

Ey Corona is really not that bad in South Africa yet and have not heard much from Australia and NZ. But if the Aussies are panicking then they are more than welcome to come play their home matches in South Africa.

Every team sport has been shut down here in America due to Covid 19. High School, College, Pro, everything. Thank goodness SupeRugby is still in play. :cool:

Latest posts