• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2020 Tri-Nations - Australia v Argentina (Round 4) - 21/11/2020

NZ will wrap it up next week with a bonus point win and make the one ******* game i have tickets for a dead rubber.

I'm sticking with Argentina. I like their resiliency. They were down, but didn't give up tonight. That positive energy will carryover. Go Los Pumas!

Our defence is good. Our set-pieces are "meh" at best. Our scrambling is pretty good but our offence is close to non-existent. We are just kicking the ball and expecting the opposition to make a mistake, which is fine, as long as you back it up with a lot of pressure, which we didn't really exert. We got lucky.

God I hate boffelli. He's not bad offensively but I'd rather defend with 14 guys and a cone. He plays as FB, I've been watching him play every week for years and i cant recall a single time he made a try-saving tackle. Not once.

Could they cite Matera for the hair-pulling? To be honest, they should. Unnecessary and stupid.

I didn't see the hair pulling incident. There was so much pushing and shoving going on all game long.

Last edited:
Thought the Wallabies were clearly dominant and let the Argies get under their skin. Showed no composure and made terrible decisions.
Yeah they've been poor when under pressure in every game this year.

All these teams are lagging behind the northern hemisphere

thought the yellow card was harsh, not just because I saw a clear release so it shouldn't have been a penalty but also because hooper talked the ref into that one with his complaining after the Warning. The ref didn't tell the pumas that the next one would be a card, he said if it continues there will be a card, to me that sounds more like you'd need more than one penalty.

That was a poor game of rugby. Argentina were just cheap-shot merchants all game and the Wallabies were also petulant and retaliated. Very little good rugby was played. Very disappointing fayre. Both teams were gifted the chance to win a trophy and they've handed it to the All Blacks on a plate. I don't see the Pumas coming within 25 points of NZ next week. I think it will be a similar result to Bledisloe 3 in Sydney. The ABs will get a bonus point and put it out of reach.

Stats are out.
We had 37% of possession and spent only 2,1% of the time in Australia's 22%. I can't recall the last time something like that has happened to us. Just to use as a benchmark, our game against Eng in last years world cup (quite a pounding, we played most of the game with 14 men), we had 41% possession.

I think if Aus would have taken the points more as opposed to going to the line they might have very well torn us a new one.

Stats are out.
We had 37% of possession and spent only 2,1% of the time in Australia's 22%. I can't recall the last time something like that has happened to us. Just to use as a benchmark, our game against Eng in last years world cup (quite a pounding, we played most of the game with 14 men), we had 41% possession.

I think if Aus would have taken the points more as opposed to going to the line they might have very well torn us a new one.

Each side was 5 out of 6 with their kicks. Not the most exciting match, but it's a three way tie for first. You're still in it Argentina. I hope you win!

Last edited:
Stats are out.

That match proved Hooper is the worst Captain in world rugby.

80 mins, no tries, all NH be like

Are you kidding me? 80 mins, not a single try, all penalties.... All the NHers be like

View attachment 8874

Not all of us NHers. The match wasn't exciting, but it was interesting enough to keep me watching. And I'm glad Los Pumas didn't lose.

Last edited:
So many penalties in the first half and no cards ? Weird.
Argies get a warning after 7 penalties, Aus 1.

But **** blaming the ref. This was all Hoopers fault. Take the points on offer in test rugby. Tale as old as time.

It was a joke.
Yes I know, that's why I clicked the Like button. I'm cheering for your team and hope they win the ***le.

Celebrate Argentina Rugby GIF by Rugby World Cup

Last edited:
Disappointing result, but it was a tough old test match. World Rugby, do away with the draw please.

Disappointing result, but it was a tough old test match. World Rugby, do away with the draw please.
World rugby, please disregard TOB.
Nothing wrong with a draw when neither team manages to outscore the other

Latest posts