• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

How has Skosan been doing recently? I haven't seen him play in a few years and I'm wondering if at 30, his best years have passed?

How has Skosan been doing recently? I haven't seen him play in a few years and I'm wondering if at 30, his best years have passed?
Off the bat I would say his best years have passed. But then again, the Lions as a team have been underperforming and badly coached and there are quite a few average players in that team which brought the whole team down. This meant Skosan barely had opportunities. If he gets enough space, I'm sure he will still be able to do some damage. That's one thing that hasn't changed from Skosan. He still is a solid finisher and can convert his opportunities when they arise.

Are Toulon back?

Looks like all their French internationals got their caps during the dark years so probably not. Meme club is probably the best description.

Last season on loan in Aus, this season on loan in Newport - surely would've made more sense to just release him by now?
Unless he's got a big release fee written into his contract

Last season on loan in Aus, this season on loan in Newport - surely would've made more sense to just release him by now?
Unless he's got a big release fee written into his contract

Or can't find one elsewhere.

Xolisa Guma (winger, ex Bulls), Prince !Gaoseb (flanker, namibian international) and Olympic Gold medalist Jasa Veremalua (flanker, San Diego MLR) to sign for Tel Aviv Heat (Israel)

Romanian side Tomitanii Constanta to sign former Wallaby centre Cooper Vuna (also played for Tonga in both RWC and RLWC and for Rebels, Worcester, Bath and Newcastle); samoan centre Cardiff Vaega (Hurricanes, Blues, Pau), former Connacht prop Cronan Gleeson, winger Paul Eti Slater (Samoa Sevens), former Benetton Treviso lock Mantvydas Tveraga and former baby black Robbie Flynn (utility back)

Alex Gray has left Bath - no news on where he's headed

That's interesting,
Probably too old to get on the 7s circuit/aim for the Olympics,
Doubt American Football is on the cards (though I've seen people link Wade to arena football/xfl/CFL - maybe they're looking to bring European eyes?)

Most likely is probably championship, though - or maybe a pro 14 side (Italians or maybe even one of the RSA sides if they're struggling for players)

Strange career. He looked really good at Number 8 when he started out.

Yeah, I remember him looking really promising in his early career
I would say the American Football foray was a mistake but he probably made more money in those few years than a lot of rugby players make in a career - NFL training squad salaries are pushing 500k a year

Honestly should've played at number 8 on his return.
Let's be real he wouldn't have gotten smaller or slower in the NFL.

He was playing for leeds before he left for the NFL it was 100% the right call.
Having the Atlanta Falcons down on your CV is something different I could see his agent touting him to Japan or MLR tbh.

Latest posts