• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

A few Quins involved actually - catrakilis apparently coaching and Renaldo Bothma playing

I think they're only short term contracts possibly paid for by the competition tbh

I forgot that they were in the new tier 2 comp so it makes a lot more sense to me now

So they are backing Shillcock, Searle and Williams. It's a bold decision as Smith is highly talented. We could have used him with Atkinsons injury haha
TBF, he'll probably benefit more from playing 60-80 minutes every week, than training in the gym and getting the odd bench appearance.
He's exactly the sort of player dual registrations were designed for - gets some serious minutes in at a lower level, can still train with the big boys for at least 1 session a week, and play for Wuss in "less important" matches.

TBF, he'll probably benefit more from playing 60-80 minutes every week, than training in the gym and getting the odd bench appearance.
He's exactly the sort of player dual registrations were designed for - gets some serious minutes in at a lower level, can still train with the big boys for at least 1 session a week, and play for Wuss in "less important" matches.

Reality is with no relegation why not start him? He was already starting some games last season, and wasn't doing too badly in them either. Heinz would also prob be a better 9 for him.

Reality is with no relegation why not start him? He was already starting some games last season, and wasn't doing too badly in them either. Heinz would also prob be a better 9 for him.
He's gone with our prospect at 9, Ollie Wynn, suspect they're trying to get them playing together more to form a solid partnership for the future

Richard De Carpentier* has been training with Bath for pre-season; rumoured that he'll take Matavesi's salary if Josh goes to Japan.
Implication is that at least 1 other player has been more-or-less confirmed - speculated to be a SH international not wanting to announce during the tournie.

* Ex 7s, Ex-Leicester & Worcester
Signs for the season - presumably as a flanker (though the announcement classifies him as backrow/lock). Mike Williams certainly looks like he's put on weight, and (presumably) has been training as a lock.

He's gone with our prospect at 9, Ollie Wynn, suspect they're trying to get them playing together more to form a solid partnership for the future

See for me that doesn't really make sense.

Championship is good for game time, but it doesn't make sense to build a partnership from as the gap between that and the championship is so much. Not just from playing but training.

There's a reason why most clubs don't do that.

Gray didn't really work out, but the success of McConnochie and Muir has put you massively in the green
We got Gray from American Football - whilst he wasn't a particular success he wasn't really a failure either. For a gamble, he was... fine.

From 7s we've had Rokoduguni (albeit army 7s), W. Muir, R. McConnochie and Cooper Vuna
You could also count Fa'osiliva as coming from 7s as well, though he was also playing XVs for Bristol in the Championship at the time.
I can't remember if we signed Jonny Fa'amatuainu from 7s, or if he played some 7s whilst with us.

Last edited:
Gray was also originally a 15s player who switched to 7s.

In my defence I said ex-7s not from 7s...
Gray/RdC/McConnochie/Muir all more accomplished in 7s than any other sport