• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I mean Sale IMO should be looking to let most of those players go plenty of better younger English players about who are 2nd choices elswhere or with a poor team off top of my head

Haywood (Saints) for Akker
Heyes (Tigers) for Coenie
Kruis (Japan) for Lood
Moon (Saints) for JP du Preez
Ted Hill (Wuss) for Jono (More realistic would be if Du Preez twins leave)
Lozowski (Sarries) for AJ
Lawrance (Wuss) for RJVR
Hammer-Webb (Bath) for McGuigan
Hodge (Exe) for Hammersley

Alex Moon could be a massive target for a team looking for a lock TBH, 25 years old, 6ft 7, On England radar. Would IMO benefit from a more forward focused coach.
EJ has told Moon he's not aggressive enough, especially for such a big boy.

TBF if you 6ft 5 and 123kg you should be throwing your weight about. It's what i love about Stooke, Cardall and Fifita at Wasps, big boys ranging between 6ft 2 and 6ft 6 and 111 -116 kg but go around being aggressive and throwing weight about.

I mean that's some serious business to be done.

I'd be surprised if Lawrence/Hill decide to leave. They will be on serious cash at Wuss so unless anyone coughs up that's gonna be hard. Heyes will be offered a bumper deal at Tigers with Cole on his way out but i could see all the others being open to it.

Serious cash for players their age reality most likely just above standard for those starters in those positions though imo.

Serious cash for players their age reality most likely just above standard for those starters in those positions though imo.
Fair enough, if they do go to market they will get a lot of offers, especially Hill who can play lock and top quality locks are hard to find at the moment.

I mean Sale IMO should be looking to let most of those players go plenty of better younger English players about who are 2nd choices elswhere or with a poor team off top of my head

Haywood (Saints) for Akker
Heyes (Tigers) for Coenie
Kruis (Japan) for Lood
Moon (Saints) for JP du Preez
Ted Hill (Wuss) for Jono (More realistic would be if Du Preez twins leave)
Lozowski (Sarries) for AJ
Lawrance (Wuss) for RJVR
Hammer-Webb (Bath) for McGuigan
Hodge (Exe) for Hammersley

Alex Moon could be a massive target for a team looking for a lock TBH, 25 years old, 6ft 7, On England radar. Would IMO benefit from a more forward focused coach.
Yeah, there's definitely dead wood to be cut but would be wary of binning off too many at once

I wouldn't be looking to replace Akker, would be begging Ashman not to move north of the border instead. Taylor has been playing well for us but in hindsight it was a poor signing as Ashman now has more international minutes than club minutes this season

EJ has told Moon he's not aggressive enough, especially for such a big boy.
Should come to Falcons, Fuser is out of contract this season and no disrespect to Saints but in terms of a gnarly pack I wouldn't say they're renowned for it, especially in their front 5.

Should come to Falcons, Fuser is out of contract this season and no disrespect to Saints but in terms of a gnarly pack I wouldn't say they're renowned for it, especially in their front 5.
No we don't have a gnarly pack.
Thing is, he's a good natured chap and maybe he doesn't have the aggression in him ?

Jesus was not expecting that.... Wait does that mean Lloyd or Sheedy are off?
I would imagine Sheedy probably is … if he really wants to push Biggar and Anscombe, he probably needs to be in Wales for PR reasons plus 'dem's da rules'.

Sale must not have wanted to give AJ a long contract/not offered him a contract at all and Bristol jumped on him for a good price

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we offered one or two and Bristol offered 3 - Lam has always said he wants to reunite with AJ, and Bristol's stocks are flyhalf are shocking so they probably shelled out a lot

To be fair, I didn't realise MacGinty is 31. He'll be about the best 2nd choice 10 in the league.

Telegraph reporting the Ford to Sale move now, stating he wants to move back to the North West.

Interesting
Daily Mail says he has a clause about England in his contract which PSA of Monte confirmed, Daily Telegraph says he's out of contract

Someone is wrong

Would be gutted if he left for Sale why leave a team that has rebuilt already and now has one of the dominant packs to play behind v another team that's literally rebuilding again?

Saddleworth might be a draw but sale to saddleworth in the morning and evening isn't a quick trip

Bit lost on the England clause?

Apparently according to Mail he had a clause about if England didn't pick him he could leave.

Guess one of the reasons he took a pay cut was because he would still be getting an extra 250k a year with England, idk this is more speculation though. (Granted all is)

I know for a fact this is coming from someone from Sale and not Tigers or Ford. (Honestly could see it being from Freddie Tuilagi lol)

Would be interesting what Tigers would do with a free marquee spot.

Latest posts