• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Ive just seen that Genge is leaving, thats such a shock, Tigers doing better than they have in years and the first names on the teamsheet Ford(not getting England time so worth even more) and Genge(captain and a class player) are leaving?

Is this bad management or does borthwick have a vision?

From what I gather I don't think it's either.
Tighter budget and Covid I think played pretty big parts.

Certainly wasn't in Borthwick's vision.

NGL the actually announcement video annoys me more than the move.

Like **** me ellis your still our captain it isn't great seeing going around shaking hands with everyone etc.

Also no masks and handshakes reporting them

Just watched the announcement video.

Would the Leicester players see it as a slap in the face?

IDK how players will react.

End of the day rugby is a job, but you would like to think being captain is that something extra.

Like Ford is playing his best rugby still but at the same time he didn't do a video with a smug Sanderson.

But it is a bit like doing another clubs promo work whilst on our dime

Whats peoples thoughts on a Genge Thacker Sinkler front row?

Yes alround its very good...but do you think teams might look to attack it at scrum time? I personally dont think they are "great" scrummaging props

It's a very Bristol front row,
All flash, minimal fundamentals

Genge has been making good strides with his scrummaging but think he'll regress at Bristol (as that's what happened to Sinckler)
Thacker has never had good fundamentals and realistically is a flanker(/centre) that was put at hooker because he was short

It's a very Bristol front row,
All flash, minimal fundamentals

Genge has been making good strides with his scrummaging but think he'll regress at Bristol (as that's what happened to Sinckler)
Thacker has never had good fundamentals and realistically is a flanker(/centre) that was put at hooker because he was short
I also question availability... Sinckler and Genge will defo be on a serious pay packet. You add in their unavailability due to England duty and it doesn't bode well for Brizzle. Realistically you have to have 4 Prem quality props (2 LH/2 TH) and then your 3rd/4th choice in both positions that have potential. Wages have to be spread across that but i'd imagine Genge/Sincks will eat a huge section of that cash up.

Sinckler and Genge will defo be on a serious pay packet. You add in their unavailability due to England duty
Madlibs:
[Faf] and [Lood] will defo be on a serious pay packet. You add in their unavailability due to [South Africa] duty

:(

Madlibs:
[Faf] and [Lood] will defo be on a serious pay packet. You add in their unavailability due to [South Africa] duty

:(
I wish i could play this game ... but all our players are injured...

I mean we have Fekitoa? But he's injured and now plays for Tonga.

I also question availability... Sinckler and Genge will defo be on a serious pay packet. You add in their unavailability due to England duty and it doesn't bode well for Brizzle. Realistically you have to have 4 Prem quality props (2 LH/2 TH) and then your 3rd/4th choice in both positions that have potential. Wages have to be spread across that but i'd imagine Genge/Sincks will eat a huge section of that cash up.
Yep, although Genge has apparently taken a significant pay cut.

You can see other teams going after a Genge, Thacker and Sincks front row. Neither prop is renowned for their scrummaging and the smaller hooker definitely creates opportunities but I'd generally expect them to hold their own domestically, just not be dominant.

Yep, although Genge has apparently taken a significant pay cut.
Given the cap reduction, I'd confident that everyone is taking a pay cut.
Yes, they signed contracts 18 months ago to get that 25% dispensation, but anyone coming onto the market now, is at the end of that contract; and will be taking a cut, even if it's an increase of their share of the cap.

Whats peoples thoughts on a Genge Thacker Sinkler front row?

Yes alround its very good...but do you think teams might look to attack it at scrum time? I personally dont think they are "great" scrummaging props

Are Genge and Sinks bad scrummagers? I know they arnt know as great scrummages but id say both are stronger than Mako(in their respective positions). Thacker is lightweight but if that front row can hold its own(which i dont think will be an issue at prem level) then in the loose i could be a very handy front row.

Alot of money for props that are both almosr guarenteed to be away during AI 6N and Summer tours.

Don't think (m)any outside of Bristol like him, tbh - very snide individual who hides it under a decent face for the media

Latest posts