• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

TBF I trust Borthwick over Diamonds, Gustard and Thomas so I'm not that worried about it.

Saying that if Murphy or MOC had signed him it would be a different story.

But generally Borthwick has gotten recruitment right for us so far
He has a terrible attitude, even Borrthwick can make mistakes.

TBF I trust Borthwick over Diamonds, Gustard and Thomas so I'm not that worried about it.

Saying that if Murphy or MOC had signed him it would be a different story.

But generally Borthwick has gotten recruitment right for us so far
Is Murphy doing anything these days? One of my all time faves and treated badly by the IRFU but coaching didn't seem to be his shtick.

Is Murphy doing anything these days? One of my all time faves and treated badly by the IRFU but coaching didn't seem to be his shtick.

Him and McGinty (our short time recruitment manager) have started a coaching agency/management company.

Mark Wilson announces his retirement from all rugby with immediate effect.

Been injured for a while...and you have to wonder the way he played the game...just how battered up his body is.

We have bulked up our Senior Academy - 1 a day at the moment.

Zac Nearchou (LooseHead), Ollie Dawkins (Wing/Fullback), Robin Hardwick (Tighhead) and Fyn Brown (Flanker) have signed new deals with the Senior Academy.

We have also secured two new Senior Academy players

Immanuel Feyi-Waboso from Cardiff - Centre/Back 3 and Pietro Turrisi from Wasps ACE City of Oxford College.

Really pleased with both these players, Feyi-Waboso has already made his debut for Cardiff vs Ospreys (at 18yrs old) and Turrisi has showed great potential and been called up to Italy U20s.

Interesting we have taken a new tact with our senior academy for both men/women and partnering with Activate Learning (City of Oxford College) and seeing the benefits in players such as Greg Fislau (Eng U20) and Turrisi (Italy U20), seeing beyond University pairings (like with Feyi-Waboso and Aston Uni.

Really currently I just don't see where teams can really find the cap to poach other youngster who regularly play.
In terms of Bailey/Ojomoh? Suppose if you had a natural gap there then maybe... but if i was Bailey/Ojomoh i wouldn't have left, they start every week, live in a great city and probably get paid fairly well. Plus great exposure to England

Groves to Sale confirmed

I'm happy with that - was impressed with him at u20 level and we do tend to struggle with producing tighthead locks, most of our guys are more backrow/lock hybrids (Gaskell, Beaumont, now Birch), and Groves is a unit

Groves to Sale confirmed

I'm happy with that - was impressed with him at u20 level and we do tend to struggle with producing tighthead locks, most of our guys are more backrow/lock hybrids (Gaskell, Beaumont, now Birch), and Groves is a unit
Glad he's back to it quickly. Interesting enough, Gaskell played his 100th game for Wasps.

Quins coaches all sign new contracts that are permanent deals rather than fixed term deals.

Apparently makes them harder to poach, but I like it in terms of a long term vision anyway

Quins coaches all sign new contracts that are permanent deals rather than fixed term deals.

Apparently makes them harder to poach, but I like it in terms of a long term vision anyway
Probably one of the key signings for Quins to make. Commit Eustherizen/Marler now and your looking very solidified. I'd also argue Symons being tied down would be a fairly key one too.

Groves to Sale confirmed

Have Sale lost any locks for next season..? De Jaeger?

Groves and Hill are two twin towers coming in.

Have Sale lost any locks for next season..? De Jaeger?
JP du Preez confirmed,
Lood all but confirmed,
Philips likely to retire (or move on) - injured in pre-season and still not back
Postlethwaite I think will be released(/not re-signed)
Beaumont still out injured, no idea if/when he'll be back - when he does return it'll be essentially a new signing
JLdP - said he wants to play backrow more than lock, so we might be stocking up on locks to try and sweeten him up

Guess from Sale pov you might see Phillips, Ross and Neild move on for Hill and Groves

Personally I don't know if I see LDJ going now he's finally starting to show his value.

Sales big thing will be what to do about 7, both Curry brothers are out of contract end next season I think and you have Dugdale coming up.

Also if you're Ben Curry, is playing with your brother and so essentially competing for the same spot hurting your chances for England? I've no idea why he doesn't get a look in and maybe it's just Jones being weird, but moving away could give him other opportunities to shine.

Latest posts