• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Well not transfers but young Powerhouse back rower Freddie Lockwood has signed a new 2 years deal from the academy and now Iwan Stephens the electric young winger / full back has signed a new 2 year deal from the academy.
Connor Collett our 7 has also just singed a new contract aswell...

Great news....

With Stephens, Radwan and Carerras we have 3 of the most explosive little wingers in the league. We simply MUST sort out our bloody attack and give these lads a chance to cause the opposition trouble!!

Well not transfers but young Powerhouse back rower Freddie Lockwood has signed a new 2 years deal from the academy and now Iwan Stephens the electric young winger / full back has signed a new 2 year deal from the academy.
Connor Collett our 7 has also just singed a new contract aswell...

Great news....

With Stephens, Radwan and Carerras we have 3 of the most explosive little wingers in the league. We simply MUST sort out our bloody attack and give these lads a chance to cause the opposition trouble!!
Radwan came through the academy which is slightly different, but I always find it strange when players like Carreras or Stephens are signed by clubs who seem reluctant to use them - or at least don't appear to play a game plan suited to smaller, quick wingers with good footwork.

I would have thought Earle is a better example of the sort of winger Richards would want (on paper anyway).

Style of rugby must factor in to players' decisions. Haydon-Wood could have stayed to be first choice, but has taken a risk moving to Wasps and I reckon it's probably because of the brand of rugby they play under Blackett.

Radwan came through the academy which is slightly different, but I always find it strange when players like Carreras or Stephens are signed by clubs who seem reluctant to use them - or at least don't appear to play a game plan suited to smaller, quick wingers with good footwork.

I would have thought Earle is a better example of the sort of winger Richards would want (on paper anyway).

Style of rugby must factor in to players' decisions. Haydon-Wood could have stayed to be first choice, but has taken a risk moving to Wasps and I reckon it's probably because of the brand of rugby they play under Blackett.
Completely agree.

Mike Brown has just done an interview with Jim Hamilton, a good watch actually.

Half way through around 15min mark he mentions attacking structures etc.

The falcons simply HAVE to change ours now. Its prehistoric....predictable and ineffective.

Good signing, he's looked really good for Bristol - they'll be disappointed to be losing him
Good to hear, I know he scored against Sarries a few weeks back, but little else. Is he a bruiser or a cruiser?

Edit: just looked at the highlights of that game and he was fantastic

Good to hear, I know he scored against Sarries a few weeks back, but little else. Is he a bruiser or a cruiser?

Edit: just looked at the highlights of that game and he was fantastic
The latter, wouldn't say he's wiry or anything but he's quite tall and could add a few kg to his frame, if required - not shy of the contact zone though

He was great in that Sarries game, scored one and set up two,

The step/offload for this was a beauty (2:20 if it doesn't skip there):

What's your assessment of Morozov? Have we got a good one?
Yes, I'd have liked to keep him, and from the sounds of things, so would Bath.

If I had to guess, we couldn't offer him enough £££ without going over the cap... if Watson decides to stay as well, but could have if he leaves.
I suspect Morozov is the first casualty of Watson playing silly buggers with his contract.

I mean isn't he 3rd choice LH behind Obano and Boyce?

He'll be 2nd choice at Worcester so not even sure if it would be just down to Watson.
Unknown; he'd have a very good chance of being ahead of Boyce, and we've no idea how well, or if at all, Obano recovers from his latest injury.

Also depends on Obano's priorities too … now his film-making is getting a lot of attention, it may change his perspective.

Subject to his recovery, he'll be in and around the England squad, but he has plenty of decent/fairly young competition. If the Quins film lives up to expectations, he might find he gets some more attractive options.

Latest posts