• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

McIntyre is starting to come good, after a run without injury, but I still wanted Big Val to come home

Glad to see him sticking in the top flight, though
Si Mac is quality, but his injury record was always an issue. Also @TRF_Olyy, that tackle that Taylor made a week or so ago to deny Briz, had me thinking back to prime Wasps front row with Si Mac, Taylor and JCW on full charge (realise JCW is now driving JCBs in construction and not at Sale)

Saints signed James Ramm, Aussie winger.
Can't say know much other than plays at present for NSW tars.

I missed Bath signing Piers Francis,

Good player but very concerning injury track record - also a bit of a weird signing? They've already got Ojomoh and Redpath as 12s who can cover 10 (though Francis has played there a lot more than those two). Redpath is missing a lot through international and injury, but it's not a position they're lacking in.

Wonder if they'll look to sign a new 10 with Cipriani moving on, or just go all in on Bailey and have Francis/Ojomoh splitting 2nd choice duties? A late swoop for Grayson, perhaps?

Edit: All the press releases about the signing call Francis a flyhalf who can cover centre, including Bath describing him as:
The 31-year-old fly-half, who can also play centre,
I'd have said the opposite, but maybe that's how they view it and that's their 10 issue solved in their eyes?

I missed Bath signing Piers Francis,

Good player but very concerning injury track record - also a bit of a weird signing? They've already got Ojomoh and Redpath as 12s who can cover 10 (though Francis has played there a lot more than those two). Redpath is missing a lot through international and injury, but it's not a position they're lacking in.

Wonder if they'll look to sign a new 10 with Cipriani moving on, or just go all in on Bailey and have Francis/Ojomoh splitting 2nd choice duties? A late swoop for Grayson, perhaps?

Edit: All the press releases about the signing call Francis a flyhalf who can cover centre, including Bath describing him as:

I'd have said the opposite, but maybe that's how they view it and that's their 10 issue solved in their eyes?
He's played 12 unless it's been an emergency for us. I really can't remember him playing at 10 much at all but when he did play there he didn't let us down at all.

He hits like a freight train but is very injury prone unfortunately.

Afoa to ProD2 sides Vannes

Gotta imagine that's as a result of the paperwork mishap - I reckon Bristol would've kept him on as player coach if they could, he's 70yrs old but he's still scrummaging better than Sinckler

Rohan to (other) Sharks confirmed today,

Sad to see him leave, when he's on form he's so good

Wonder if we'll be looking to sign another centre or if his salary is just being absorbed by the cap reduction

Rohan to (other) Sharks confirmed today,

Sad to see him leave, when he's on form he's so good

Wonder if we'll be looking to sign another centre or if his salary is just being absorbed by the cap reduction
Excellent for SA (and URC) that the SH Sharks can offer a competitive salary for a player in his prime (although has he ever been as good after his long injury layoff at the Lions). Am and RJVR as a centre partnership is one that should smash through the URC (if coached correctly).

Edinburgh have signed loosehead prop Jamie Jack from Ampthill. No idea if he's Scottish qualified but could do with the cover due to injuries.

Edinburgh announced James Johnstone, Sam Grahamslaw, Nathan Chamberlain and Ramiro Moyano are all leaving

Latest posts