• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Richard De Carpentier* has been training with Bath for pre-season; rumoured that he'll take Matavesi's salary if Josh goes to Japan.
Implication is that at least 1 other player has been more-or-less confirmed - speculated to be a SH international not wanting to announce during the tournie.

* Ex 7s, Ex-Leicester & Worcester

Wigglesworth confirmed as player/attack coach
Getting his community service hours in before linking back up with Axe next season

orange caramel disney GIF

In news that I'm sure will surprise approximately nobody; Josh Matevesi goes to Japan
Sounds like a good move all round.

His outrageous pump-and-goes against Leicester and Worcester will live long in the memory. Very, very long.

Last edited:
Bulls sign Bismarck du Plessis.
Him along with Jacques du Plessis are really strong signings IMO

Actually all 3 Montpellier signings are really smart signings.

Josh Frustrated me alot at the Falcons. A bit like Billy Twelvetrees...all the skills and ability to be a top class 12...and yet they rarely put it "altogether" in games.

Only a few times at the falcons did we really see the full Matavesi ability and he absolutely bossed the games...but it was far too liitle.

Fair enough - could be short-term as in a couple of months, and Bath MIGHT be looking for after that, as we've just got the 3 options (not including academy) and are known to be looking for cover.

Would be odd for Bath to give him a trial if he'd already committed himself elsewhere for the season. Especially a trial alongside all 3 of our existing hookers

Josh Frustrated me alot at the Falcons. A bit like Billy Twelvetrees...all the skills and ability to be a top class 12...and yet they rarely put it "altogether" in games.

Only a few times at the falcons did we really see the full Matavesi ability and he absolutely bossed the games...but it was far too liitle.
I think he's been stymied throughout his career by his versatility and the fact that his body shape changed during his senior career - he was a rangy full back the first time I saw he play senior rugby.

Duane Vermeulen to Ulster

Duane Vermeulen to Ulster

That's a big boy signing!

They said they only wanted to sign a backrower if they were top quality and they definitely kept their word! Makes a few fans who'd been grumbling look silly.

Certainly is - absolutely delighted. Especially considering we only got him due to the Nakarawa signing falling through. I know who I would rather have!

Latest posts