• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Bulls fans rn
5n677s.jpg

Ok so a bit confused.
Why was this ok but du Toit to Munster wasn't? Since that was because he was a big money signing and it wasn't right due to the covid cuts?

That being said maybe Duane lifelong dream was to live and play rugby in Belfast?

Ok so a bit confused.
Why was this ok but du Toit to Munster wasn't? Since that was because he was a big money signing and it wasn't right due to the covid cuts?

That being said maybe Duane lifelong dream was to live and play rugby in Belfast?
I mean they lost an NIQ quite unexpectedly in Coetzee and then their Nakarawa signing fell through. As for us, IRFU probably took the line that PSDT would be blocking Irish talent as well as the fact we've signed a good few NIQs over the past few years anyway.

I heard Duane is moving because he's a big fan of Derry Girls and Sinn Fein

I mean they lost an NIQ quite unexpectedly in Coetzee and then their Nakarawa signing fell through. As for us, IRFU probably took the line that PSDT would be blocking Irish talent as well as the fact we've signed a good few NIQs over the past few years anyway

So why sign Jenkins who plays in the same positions PSDT does if the IRFU was worried about blocking talent and too many NIQ? At least PSDT would be missing some games.
Granted I guess it looks a lot more like IRFU are favouring Munster at that point though.

So why sign Jenkins who plays in the same positions PSDT does if the IRFU was worried about blocking talent and too many NIQ? At least PSDT would be missing some games.
Granted I guess it looks a lot more like IRFU are favouring Munster at that point though.

The reason given at the time was that Nucifora didn't want to sanction such a big deal (600k 1yr) when they were cutting salaries due to Covid and losing three home grown players because of it.

They were correct to block our signing and equally spot on to allow this. Jenkins is here to cover a few positions and well is needed from start of season. Length of availability matters too. Especially with Sprinkboks as they are not available until effectively Dec.

Given also Munster already have two high profile SA NIQs in De Allende and Syman. Lets face it - after losing Coetzee Ulster didn't have any top tier guys and were crying out for a back row.

Given also Munster already have two high profile SA NIQs in De Allende and Syman. Lets face it - after losing Coetzee Ulster didn't have any top tier guys and were crying out for a back row.
To be honest wheather we had 2 or 22 had nothing to do with it as we are well inside budgets.
Munster were stopped as for time availability vs cost it was ot seen as beneficial. Jenkins being sanctioned was under same logic. The only factor was with RG and DDA away if you added 3 to that list it would be classed reckless. Not great news for Munster but IRFU approach is bang on and well in 1 way it is great to see the provinces can still attract these blockbuster signings.
Big qorry for Duane is his injury record mixed with Ulsters luck can make this great or not so great.

Latest posts