• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I don't see it TBH.

He's at his childhood club.
He's been bitten by leaving them once before - and once bitten, twice shy.
Sale won't be able to match his salary.
He's at a club that's just gone through a rebuild - and it's been rebuilt in his image. Sale are about to rebuild.
He's at a club that is giving him an armchair ride. Sale... aren't really doing this at the moment.
He's at a club that's 8 from 8 under the new management. No-one else is doing this at the moment.

If he goes, it will need to have been told by Eddie that he's firmly out of the squad for 2023; and Montpellier coming in with a huge offer.
Ford => Montpellier and Pollard => Sale is conceivable; but if it happens, then Eddie will have made an absolute howler.
Ford's agent is spreading this rumour to get an improved offer from Leicester makes far, far more sense.

grinch smile GIF

This is big for Sale and a little devestating for Tigers.

Sanderson will build his squad around Ford and Tigers will have to find someone who can replace him.

My bet will be Loswoski, he would fit the puzzle and Borthwick I imagine will get a good reference from him at Sarries.

I don't think it's devastating for tigers tbh.

Rough, but we have a pack now that is extremely dangerous to build around, if this had happened 2 seasons ago we would be relegation favs though.

"George is fully committed to finishing his time at Leicester Tigers in front of big crowds" - Borthwick knows poor George will be playing exclusively to the ford family at home games next season

Confirmed by Sale, 3yr contract

#Northern #Gravy

I don't think it's devastating for tigers tbh.

Rough, but we have a pack now that is extremely dangerous to build around, if this had happened 2 seasons ago we would be relegation favs though.

"George is fully committed to finishing his time at Leicester Tigers in front of big crowds" - Borthwick knows poor George will be playing exclusively to the ford family at home games next season
True.

Devestating maybe at the moment but i am confident that Borthwick will have an Ace up his sleeve. The quality that Tigers have throughout the squad at the moment will mean that they have the chance to keep moving forward.

Like honestly would be interested to see how Burns would do behind this pack.

That feeling when sale got so upset they lost a prem cup game too is they signed our starting 10

Like honestly would be interested to see how Burns would do behind this pack.
True. Has always been a supremely talented 10.

Apart from Loz, are there any other 10's out of contact at the end of season?

Considering they've already got Burns and Hegarty as experienced 10s maybe they'll chase Finn Smith, knowing he's probably a season or two away from realistically being a starter

Considering they've already got Burns and Hegarty as experienced 10s maybe they'll chase Finn Smith, knowing he's probably a season or two away from really hitting his strides
He would be a good option, maybe Loz? I could also see someone like Orlando Bailey or Manu Vunipola being chased. Potentially Skinner from Exeter? Target a young 10 to plan behind. I could even see them trying to raid us for Umaga or Atkinson/Mathews

Actually there were rumours of Simmonds the other day,

Bailey definitely a possibility if he's not happy at Bath - Manu Vunipola looks to have regressed massively, was backup to Faz a couple seasons ago now he can't get a game for love nor money
Would've thought the season in the Championship would've seen him cement himself in the senior side

Sale really milking the "north" thing. Even Falcons are not this big on it.

most of its fans are from Cheshire which is like the London of the north.

Wonder would they make a play for Ross Byrne? Get back to classic Leicester rugby.

Latest posts