• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Solomona has left Sale

Wonder if he'll join Moana Pasifika?
Or, more likely, a Japanese side

Sanderson wants Northerners

Chris Ashton England GIF by Sale Sharks Rugby

Wasps have signed Rodrigo Martinez

Really exciting signing who has 3 International caps for Argentina most recently in Autumn nation series against France.

First player signed from Paraguyan club?

JP du Preez --> Glasgow confirmed today,

Not surprised, been heavily rumoured for a while.
Took him a while to hit his stride in the prem, but he's turned into a fine player so they've got a goodun there - though rumours that he's doubled his salary with the move, so they've certainly paid for it

The statement is quite silly isn't it

"What has impressed me most in our dealings with him has been his desire to be a part of what we are building at this club but also his desire to develop, learn and grow as a player and person."

I mean that's true of me too. I don't think that's why you signed him Steve

The statement is quite silly isn't it

"What has impressed me most in our dealings with him has been his desire to be a part of what we are building at this club but also his desire to develop, learn and grow as a player and person."

I mean that's true of me too. I don't think that's why you signed him Steve

I mean it's press guff.
But don't underestimate the coachablity factor for some coaches.

A big reason why SA players do so well in Europe compared to NZ players say is because they are far more likely to want to learn, whereas NZ players tend to have a style that works for them and that's what they do.

Van Graan leaves Munster at the end of season.

Off to bath no doubt.

Honestly leaves Munster in a good spot but can see Munster going up another level obviously depending who comes in. (Matt O'Connor is free)

Van Graan leaves Munster at the end of season.

Off to bath no doubt.

Honestly leaves Munster in a good spot but can see Munster going up another level obviously depending who comes in. (Matt O'Connor is free)
My take as well. As I said in our thread, I think he will probably do a good job steadying the ship with Bath and will make them at the very least effective and organised, if limited in their style. I think for the squad we have (which he can definitely be credited in helping to build) we can do a bit better though. If our new coach is Matt O'Connor I will jump off a cliff at low tide.

Interesting, because what does that mean for the current coaching setup? They were technically supposed to have 2 games to show things have improved, but I'm sure it's already a foregone conclusion. However, if van Graan isn't available until the summer what do Bath do? Endure the rest of the season with the current staff and hope van Rensburg makes a big difference or get someone in temporarily?

and Bath confirm the arrival:
Right move for Bath

Be interesting to see what happens with Hooper - surely can't stay on as DoR with van Graan working under him?

Latest posts