• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Craig steps down as Chairman, hands over to Eddie G - this one makes me happy.
He's not replacing Tarquin, but is being appointed above him
This is pretty big news,
Seen a lot of people say Craig's overreaching into on pitch matters is a big issue at Bath

Valery Morozov to Bath until the end of the season. Injury cover for Obano.

Booooooooooo

Big fan of Big Val, he was turning into a really good player before he left - always had bags of physical strength, just needed the nous that comes with top level experience

Left us early because his Brother died and his mom was ill, so moved back to Russia and signed with a semi pro side there
Good to see him back in the top flight, even if for a rival

Yeah. He'd be one of those on my list to be a capable understudy for Joe Marler if we sign a loosehead.

David Meihuizen to Wasps
Thought he would be off to Glasgow tbh, but Scotland will cap him no doubt.

Wasn't picked by the stormers for their Euro tour in the URC.

I don't know much about Meihuizen apart from the fact that he's England and Scotland qualified and was also linked with Quins at one stage. Is he actually any good?

I don't know much about Meihuizen apart from the fact that he's England and Scotland qualified and was also linked with Quins at one stage. Is he actually any good?
I think the real question for Wasps is.... is he injury prone? ;)

Bit late on this but Liam Williams is going to Cardiff. I think Cardiff cooould be decent next year, with signings like Faletau and Williams. They do try to play a nice brand of rugby and have the backbone of a decent squad.... outside of the tight five, which is a pretty weak unit.

Bit late on this but Liam Williams is going to Cardiff. I think Cardiff cooould be decent next year, with signings like Faletau and Williams. They do try to play a nice brand of rugby and have the backbone of a decent squad.... outside of the tight five, which is a pretty weak unit.
Yeah their tight-five is perhaps the worst in all of European professional rugby. (And that's even compared to the likes of Zebre and nearby Dragons).

Yeah, it looks like Liam has basically stepped in for the early retirement of Hallam Amos. It's a great bit of business too as Cardiff will only pay 20% of his wages.

Front 5 power has been an issue for a while. Screech is decent enough but losing Cory Hill to Japan was a hit. Rhys Carre and Dillion Lewis showed all the promise but haven't really materialised into the euro/Wales standard of player we need them to be.

One thing I do know is that I trust Dai Young with the props and I hear the next couple of signings will be in the 5 before the end of the season.

Latest posts