• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Yeah, it looks like Liam has basically stepped in for the early retirement of Hallam Amos. It's a great bit of business too as Cardiff will only pay 20% of his wages.

Front 5 power has been an issue for a while. Screech is decent enough but losing Cory Hill to Japan was a hit. Rhys Carre and Dillion Lewis showed all the promise but haven't really materialised into the euro/Wales standard of player we need them to be.

One thing I do know is that I trust Dai Young with the props and I hear the next couple of signings will be in the 5 before the end of the season.
Dai Young is a serious coach. He will have a few gems up his sleeve.

I also can't wait for Thomas Young to be back in Wales. He is such a stalwart of the club and is super talented and i can't wait to see him fingers crossed back in a Wales shirt. Is this a likely chance @Bluemoon ?

Young was included in Wales' AI squad, and played vs Fiji, so he's in Pivac's plans I think. Obviously Basham stole the show at 7 for Wales in the AI's and with Tips close to being fit again, not to mention the handful of other flankers we have, there's no guarantees, but I think he'll be there of thereabouts given his quality.

He'a gotta get into the Blues starting IV as well, which isn't straight forward with the likes of Jenkins, Navidi, Faletau, Botham, Turnbull and Lewis-Hughes all capped players + Boyd and Robinson great club players. Honestly it was a signing they really didn't need!

Last edited:
Young was included in Wales' AI squad, and played vs Fiji, so he's in Pivac's plans I think. Obviously Basham stole the show at 7 for Wales in the AI's and with Tips close to being fit again, not to mention the handful of other flankers we have, there's no guarantees, but I think he'll be there of thereabouts given his quality.

He'a gotta get into the Blues starting IV as well, which isn't straight forward with the likes of Jenkins, Navidi, Faletau, Botham, Turnbull and Lewis-Hughes all capped players + Boyd and Robinson great club players. Honestly it was a signing they really didn't need!
Can we have him back then? For me i reckon he's probs 3rd on that list behind Navidi and Faletau but that's only because i think Botham is very talented but still young and i'm completely biased.

Can we have him back then? For me i reckon he's probs 3rd on that list behind Navidi and Faletau but that's only because i think Botham is very talented but still young and i'm completely biased.

I'd say Ellis Jenkins is ahead of Young as well. He's still recovering from his horrific injury, but took some massive steps forward during the AI's. He's been touted as a future captain for Wales, so very highly rated. I's have Young as 4th then.

Blues??? Don't know who you are talking about mate ;)

Olly Robinson is out of contract and I hear he will be moving on. I'm he's been a fantastic signing and we'll miss him. Players like Nav, Faletau, Jenkins and Botham won't play all season so Young will 100% get his chance. Guess it's up to him to have performances to get back into Wales!

I'd agree with Basham starting 7 now. Will be interesting to see next years autumn internationals team given everyone fit and a clear preseason.

As i said on other page... Fekitoa was expected.. Fifita is hard to take..

Mad thing is, I reckon it will be silly season for players leaving... £5m and one marquee leaves a lot of doubt out there on the market.

Snyman signs on for 2 more years at Munster

I hope that he can finally get a run of games for them.

Also nice to see him stay committed to them.

Starting to think their might be a reason why literally everyone in Ireland outside of South Dublin hates us. (Apart from the extreme jealousy of course)

We haven't signed an active international since 2017, surely it's because we're a nightmare to be around. Like, lads are actually choosing to live in Limerick...

TJ Perenara, if you're reading this I'm joking, you'd finally win a tournament worth winning if you came.

Starting to think their might be a reason why literally everyone in Ireland outside of South Dublin hates us. (Apart from the extreme jealousy of course)

We haven't signed an active international since 2017, surely it's because we're a nightmare to be around. Like, lads are actually choosing to live in Limerick...

TJ Perenara, if you're reading this I'm joking, you'd finally win a tournament worth winning if you came.
Swear you signed Allaatoa last year (

Snyman signs on for 2 more years at Munster

I hope that he can finally get a run of games for them.

Also nice to see him stay committed to them.
Yeah happy to have him stay on if it's true he is on less money with incentives if he can get fit and play. Would have been such a shane not to have such a good player get to play for us. Has a chance to be great for us and staying put will definitely endear him to fans.

I agree. He's quickly developed in to a very promising player. Shame we haven't been able to hang on to him.

In the age grade sides I actually thought Hammond was the better of the two, so who knows, that could still prove to be the case if he can add a bit of muscle in a similar way to Lamb.

Latest posts