• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Ngice.

He looked very good for Lyon in the challenge cup and hopefully will add a bit of leadership as an old head.

Might see Frawley playing more at 10.

Reading Cullen' comments the leadership seems to be a big thing. With no ROL and it being a WC year I'd say he'll be vital in the league. Hopefully good for Osborne as well.

Ngot Leinster's biggest need I'd say, but they do lose most of their backline to Ireland for half the year and he's Ngat the added bonus of versatility.

solid move. They played Frawley a combined 4 minutes as the 23 shirt in the Bulls and La Rochelle games. Depth in the backfield is what they need.

Joe Joyce from Bristol to Connacht.
Starting 23/24 - that's a really early announcement!
I'd say he's eyeing up an Ireland cap (presuming he has Irish ancestry with that name) but he's nowhere near good enough

Will do a job for Connacht though, decent enough club level player

Starting 23/24 - that's a really early announcement!
I'd say he's eyeing up an Ireland cap (presuming he has Irish ancestry with that name) but he's nowhere near good enough

Will do a job for Connacht though, decent enough club level player

He played a few u20 games for Ireland sp is IQ which is handy but yeah tough to break into the Ireland camp at second row. Connacht seem to really be focusing on beefing up their pack.

Also from the departing Munster players Alex McHenry - Jersey Reds and Sean French to Bedford Blues. Was hoping they might make a Prem squad, but both have super limited gametime to back them up.

Joyce is definitely better than Ewels so anything's possible... for what it's worth a number wanted Attwood back for England within the past couple of years, and as I watch Joyce week in an out they two are very similar. This season Joyce has really found that next level, Connacht might have a real sleeper on their hands. They may not but I honestly wouldn't bet against it.

As for Bristol, this is genuinely a massive loss from every angle. Playing, leadership, cap credits, culture. Probably why its been announced so early (there have also been rumours for a while, including Vui who just signed a 5 year megadeal, was going to Ireland) and the hole left is going to be impossible to fill. Genge will from a leadership angle but at the moment the second row replacements aren't at the same standard. Losing both homegrown Attwood and Joyce in a year. Ouch.

Moroni has confimed that he is leaving Tigers. Surely Wasps must be looking at him? screaming for centres with Le Booj, Gops and Fekitoa leaving. Would add that security to our centres that we could really use.

Yeah pretty set to us now.

We have some serious talent in the backs...we need the new coaching set up to really sort out the whole gameplay now and get the best of this squad.

Moroni could be a vital piece of the jigsaw...maybe the defensive leader aswell.

Josh Basham to London Irish

Excellent signing for Irish going to be a loss for Falcons imo v tigers he was the stand out player for Falcons

Josh Basham to London Irish

Excellent signing for Irish going to be a loss for Falcons imo v tigers he was the stand out player for Falcons
Yes Josh had a real " break out year", disappointed to lose him, but it was a University deal / loan for 3 years so was expected.

Fortunately back row is one area we genuinely can cope with his loss....

What's the skinny on Guy Pepper? There was a bit of hype around him a year or so ago, but I've heard nothing since and he doesn't appear to have featured for England U20s. Has he been injured?

Latest posts