• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 6 South Africa v New Zealand (02/10/2021)

Amazingly Foster didn't want him by basically wanting to give him a pay cut - no wonder Laumape decided to go overseas, just highlights again what a poor head coach we have at the moment... Laumape is the complete 2nd-five, all midfielders are good on denfence, he offers more on attack than any midfielder we have though, his power running & speed, executes grubber kicks well, good offloader etc, just reads play well, he reminds me so much of Nonu.
I certainly think Laumape is better than Havili but when he got his chances he didn't exactly light the world on fire. I remember him getting outplayed by Paisami in the ABs last loss, and Paisami is rough around the edges to say the least.

I certainly think Laumape is better than Havili but when he got his chances he didn't exactly light the world on fire. I remember him getting outplayed by Paisami in the ABs last loss, and Paisami is rough around the edges to say the least.
Any midfielder can get out played in a match, especially when their forward pack is on the back foot - reckon Laumape didn't get a good crack by not starting in a few tests in a row, which is needed to also get a decent combo going with the other midfielder... ALB is always selected when he's fit, yet the bloke is only a solid type of player, he doesn't have the gas or power, also the variation of attacking skills Laumape has.

Squidge Rugby's analysis

2 thoughts

1. He thought Willie le Roux had a great game (Elton too)
2. He is really hammering the All Blacks and their domestic violence record, I don't know enough to know if that is unfair or not.

Squidge Rugby's analysis

2 thoughts

2. He is really hammering the All Blacks and their domestic violence record, I don't know enough to know if that is unfair or not.

cant argue with much of that

thik i read they kicked more in the first half of the first test than this whole game, much more dynamic

and the domestic violence thing, it is an issue in NZ, and its complicated with those that have become AB's, but i think they could do better

Squidge Rugby's analysis

2 thoughts

What a load of overcomplicated waffling... all the bloke on the video had to say was that the Boks performed better because they played the game a bit faster than usual & varied their tactics more.

Also it's an absolute nonsense for him to focus on having a crack at the ABs & our domestic violence record... when all the other countries are not great in that area either.

NZ rugby have left themselves open to any criticism so can't complain there. I'm not suggesting pitchforks but they obviously could have handled Frizzells situation better, Reece is a bit more complicated I think.

As for the video I think he's being a twat. His videos are usually based on analysis and humor. He's only bringing up domestic violence to create controversy clicks and to put the boot in to NZ which I've noticed he does at any opportunity. He's not wrong, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to bring it up on a video on a rugby game. He will probably bring up NZs high suicide rate in his next video.

Also he totally missed that the penalty on Dmacs tackle was totally wrong. Dmac lost the ball in contact so should have been a turnover with knock on advantage to SA. I think he gets so caught up in counting how many forwards are in pods he totally misses really obvious game swinging moments and bad ref calls.

NZ rugby have too many idiots on the board running the game... which is why they continually make so many poor decisions, as you say they also made a real mess of the Frizell & Reece situations too.

That bloke on the video is definitely an absolute twat... spot on mate, he has tunnel vision about forward pods & basically forgets about the rest of the game.

NZ rugby have too many idiots on the board running the game... which is why they continually make so many poor decisions, as you say they also made a real mess of the Frizell & Reece situations too.

That bloke on the video is definitely an absolute twat... spot on mate, he has tunnel vision about forward pods & basically forgets about the rest of the game.
Maybe don't play women beaters and this won't be an issue?

Could say the same for the other countries too.
like who? you kind of have to follow those comments up
Maybe don't play women beaters and this won't be an issue?
i think thats what we're all saying, it does get complicated though without convictions, these aren't purely representative teams anymore, NZRU is their employer and so it all needs to be done right, frizell hasn't played well enough to really argue he'd been dropped, reece currently is

like who? you kind of have to follow those comments up
What ? ...obviously my comment includes every other rugby country in the world too, would be ridiculous to blame one country for those type of situations.

What ? ...obviously my comment includes every other rugby country in the world too, would be ridiculous to blame one country for those type of situations.
You have proof every other team has women beaters in the squads? There is serious alogations of players in the all blacks at least so I assume you have at least the same for all other teams?

come on - just saying those type of situations would happen in other rugby countries too... have to be naive to think they're squeaky clean.

come on - just saying those type of situations would happen in other rugby countries too... have to be naive to think they're squeaky clean.
its very different, actually allegations and charges brought to wild speculation, if it does happen everywhere why is it not common knowledge

to brush it off as "common" kind of diminishes how serious it is, no excuses for domestic violence

its very different, actually allegations and charges brought to wild speculation, if it does happen everywhere why is it not common knowledge

to brush it off as "common" kind of diminishes how serious it is, no excuses for domestic violence
As said, anyone that believes it doesn't happen in rugby or any other sports is naive... only have to look across the ditch at League with all the trouble players get into over there, like in all sports the main problem tends to involve alcohol.

Of course I don't agree with domestic violence... blokes that physically abuse sheilas are just gutless bloody mongrels.

so if we agree there is no excuse for domestic violence then whats wrong with judging those that have actually been accused and in some cases charged? surely you see the difference between people that have actually been charged and unnamed hypothetical people overseas

im not sure what your were trying to say by pointing out it happens elsewhere

You're the one going on about people been charged... my point always was violence abuse happens in other rugby countries as well, as some people were trying to say it was basically a problem with NZ rugby players.

You're the one going on about people been charged... my point always was violence abuse happens in other rugby countries as well, as some people were trying to say it was basically a problem with NZ rugby players.
yes....and more than one NZ rugby player has very publicly been charged where as no one has yet to bring forward an example of recent overseas players, so to argue that is it equally a problem everywhere you really need to show examples of where it is happening everywhere or explain why nz rugby players are being charged when other countries aren't

a very quick google

"New Zealand was ranked as worst for Domestic Violence compared to other OECD countries with 1 in 3 women estimated to have been a victim of violence in their lifetime"

funnily enough OECD countries and the rugby playing countries of the world align pretty well, so to say is no more of an issue in NZ than anywhere else is just ignorant

yes....and more than one NZ rugby player has very publicly been charged where as no one has yet to bring forward an example of recent overseas players, so to argue that is it equally a problem everywhere you really need to show examples of where it is happening everywhere or explain why nz rugby players are being charged when other countries aren't

a very quick google

"New Zealand was ranked as worst for Domestic Violence compared to other OECD countries with 1 in 3 women estimated to have been a victim of violence in their lifetime"

funnily enough OECD countries and the rugby playing countries of the world align pretty well, so to say is no more of an issue in NZ than anywhere else is just ignorant
The fact when you live in your own country you hear a lot more about your own rugby players been charged, but other countries probably wouldn't of heard that news... & vice-versa.

Christ, you're a moaner... should change your username to Mona Lisa.

Latest posts