• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Scotland (06/02/21)

You both forgotten England vs Scotland last year??

No denying post COVID rugby is terrible, but the conditions made that game one of the worst I've ever watched
You miss understood, Eddie explicitly told us boring kicking and defensive rugby was the order of the day and some attacking rugby was on the horizon, coming to an England team near you at some point in the future...

As a saints fan, please don't start Lawes at lock unless you want our scrum going backwards. He's been great historically but he weakens the scrum considerably.

So what team do you predict/want?
Genge
George
Stuart
Itoje
Lawes
Willis
Curry
Billy
Youngs(not even going to suggest change)
Faz
May
Slade
Lawrence
Watson
Daly

LCD
Obano
Williams
Hill
Earl
Robson
Ford
Malins

Doubt he will throw Odogwu in this game, i think he will put him in vs Italy. Will be quite a similar team to ANC. If Odogwu did get the 23 shirt would that mean Slade covers 15 as EJ doesnt like Watson there.

I'd go Curry/Earl over Willis/Curry, but other than that I'd go with that side too (in a "this is a realistic side that EJ would choose" kind of way)

I saw something yesterday with EJ calling Odogwu a centre that covers wing rather than the other way round, so be interesting to see if/what we actually use him for

I'd go Curry/Earl over Willis/Curry, but other than that I'd go with that side too (in a "this is a realistic side that EJ would choose" kind of way)

I saw something yesterday with EJ calling Odogwu a centre that covers wing rather than the other way round, so be interesting to see if/what we actually use him for
I think he will go Curry Earl too but i just want to see Willis Curry, i just think it would be a really strong combination, both class over the ball and in defence and with Willis actually being a pretty decent carrier, i just think it would work well.

Odogwu is a winger who has played a few games at centre. Needs to be fully converted at club level before playing international IMO

A flanker

If the weather's going to be a bit rubbish I think Wilson should be involved. Frankly I'd like to see him at 8, but realistically it's 6 or bench.

I'd start him with either Willis or Earl on the bench. Earl if we think the game will open up, Willis if we expect an 80 min dog fight.

If the weather's going to be a bit rubbish I think Wilson should be involved. Frankly I'd like to see him at 8, but realistically it's 6 or bench.
Completely forgot he existed for a moment
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Yeah, he's my starting 8, if not then starting 6, at the very VERY least he's in the 20 shirt

Willis drops out

I'm not taking this fixture for granted anymore, whilst I still expect England to win there's no doubt Scotland are improving and they have some very good players. I'd like to see England play some more expansive rugby on Saturday, whether that's realistic I don't know.

Going for 24-15 England win.

What day are the squads annouced?

What day are the squads annouced?
04 Feb11:00 England to announce Six Nations matchday squad of 23 against Scotland
04 Feb11:30 France to name Six Nations team to play Italy
04 Feb12:00 Scotland to announce squad for Six Nations match against England
05 Feb12:00 Ireland to name Six Nations team to play Wales on Sunday
05 Feb12:00 Wales to name Six Nations team to play Ireland on Sunday

Before or after Hogg or someone who didn't grow up in Scotland says that they've hated England their whole lives?
It was Sam Johnson who is Australian. The actual quote is even funnier, he says everyone hates England.

'But what I will say is that no one likes England. I mean it's the same sort of thing as Australians – whether it's cricket, rugby union, any sport. You fully respect England because of how good they are, but I don't think anyone likes them when you're growing up. We have the greatest respect for England because they are so good. You almost hate them for it'

It was Sam Johnson who is Australian. The actual quote is even funnier, he says everyone hates England.

'But what I will say is that no one likes England. I mean it's the same sort of thing as Australians – whether it's cricket, rugby union, any sport. You fully respect England because of how good they are, but I don't think anyone likes them when you're growing up. We have the greatest respect for England because they are so good. You almost hate them for it'

Its not exactly the full Phil Bennett is it? If you're going to dislike someone, do it properly.

Bit of trivia while we wait for the team announcement.

Since it was introduced in 2004 Irish players have won Player of the Tournament 7 times, Welsh 5, Scotland 2, and the non Celtic nations a mere one each. Masi was Italy's winner, Dupont France's, but who was England's winner?

Latest posts