• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

True! We've seen other teams pull it off against us - maybe not consistently enough to say the pack is a problem, but something the French will target

France will win this game definitely. Not sure they will get the margin required though. Scotland are a bit more resilient these days and not so easy to bully. Plus the Scots have some very dangerous backs that can cause anyone problems given half a chance. I think the way the French have to approach this is to win the game first and then think about the 4 tries later. Even if they need 2 tries in the last 10 minutes they are well capable of it as we saw on Saturday. Hopefully France will grind Scotland down in the first half and run in the tries in the second. Don't know what other forum members are wanting to happen but I hope France win and get the margin needed to win the 6 Nations. They definitely can do it, just not sure they will,

Apparently the Maitland omission is because the PRL agreement only covers five players.
Going to be honest I was surprised that PRL agreed so easily. They usually don't even consider exceptional requests. This isn't too surprising from them unfortunately.

Apparently the Maitland omission is because the PRL agreement only covers five players.
You'd assume that out of all groups of sporting bodies that the PRL would know that rugby has 15 a side...

1616440919482.gif

Aren't there only four premiership players in the side?

Edit: Ah, never heard of Alex Craig - apparently a Gloucester player.
Surely there's someone else that they could call up from Scotland so that they can include Maitland?

Does anyone have confirmation on the Maitland thing because this doesn't read as quite the same thing.

That limited the number of players they could call up and, although Maitland started against Italy and was available for selection from Saracens, it was a selection decision that meant he was left out.

Not sure there's anything 'in print' yet but these two tend to be fairly reliable. If it was as simple as 5 players I'd have thought they could just stick Richie Gray on the bench rather than Craig.

If these rumours about a player limit being placed by PRL are true, then it's a disgrace. Scotland should be able to pick their best 15. The worst thing is Sarries aren't even in the Premiership this season, the international game has been made a mockery of, again. we're getting into very dangerous territory at the moment with club v country, all international sides should have a central-contracting system in place, bodies like PRL shouldn't even exist, they do nothing to help the game other than to show their sickening self-interest.

Latest posts