• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

No positive cases on Tuesday and Wednesday: game confirmed on. Positive case on Thursday and game is postponed.

The cynic in me...

Correct decision I guess, I just hope common sense prevails with the re-arranged fixture

Hope I'm wrong about the relationship between FFR and LNR

The whole situation with this game has been a complete farce. postponing it was the only logical choice but it now opens up a can of worms regarding player release rules for the rearranged fixture. One thing is for sure, Scotland shouldn't be penalised by losing players for any re-arranged fixture when the reason for it being postponed had nothing to do with them. I always thought that having the 6N during this COVID period was a stupid decision which was all about money rather than the integrity of the tournament.

I don't know if this goes in this thread or the Lios Tour is doomed thread

Why can't they just don't next week?
Because it's already been stated 10 Scots will need to return to club duties in England and France under world rugby regulations

Not a popular thing to say, but should France forfeit and Scotland get a 28-0 win?

Not saying I think they should, just interested what other posters think.

Because it's already been stated 10 Scots will need to return to club duties in England and France under world rugby regulations
I'm sure they can work out a release... If it's played outside of a planned international release window they're gonna run into that problem anyway.

Not a popular thing to say, but should France forfeit and Scotland get a 28-0 win?

Not saying I think they should, just interested what other posters think.
As I understand it, postponement was the agreed outcome prior to the tournament kicking off so I'm unsure how this could happen.

That said, if France is unable to field a team they should forfeit the game, in my opinion.

Just think if Scotland are given 28-0 and go on to win the tournament on points difference. Would be hilarious
Well yes, but if England are then given a 28-0 for their game at Twickers against France and go on to win the tournament, that would be perfectly acceptable in my book. :)

All precedent is in favour of postponement rather than a forfeit.

France have previous for failing to fulfil a fixture and it being postponed rather than a forfeit in 2012 when their pitch froze. All games last year and in the foot and mouth year that were affected were postponed and this one has been too as per contract seemingly.

July seems fine for me, the Lions tour in whatever form won't have started and it'd be class from any non-scottish perspective to see France play some summer rugby.

So quite possibly we could have 2 6N's in a row where we don't actually know the result in March.

If the agreement was to postpone fair enough, but France need investigating and punishing if they have been negligent.

EvFDmHDXAAgw1Br.jpeg

From Townsend

Latest posts