• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

Absolutely. My thoughts exactly
Is it really though? You have been rambling on about he took too long to place the ball, article says this "The slight delay between Van der Merwe being brought to ground and placing the ball is generally considered acceptable since a tackled player often has to first adjust his grip on the ball."
The article is questioning the use of his legs to help him place the ball further.

Is it really though? You have been rambling on about he took too long to place the ball, article says this "The slight delay between Van der Merwe being brought to ground and placing the ball is generally considered acceptable since a tackled player often has to first adjust his grip on the ball."
The article is questioning the use of his legs to help him place the ball further.
Like I have always maintained it was a double movement there was nothing continuous in it. He was tackled. He stopped. Then once he regained his composure he had another go at getting the ball over the line which was an unlawful move.

Like I have always maintained it was a double movement there was nothing continuous in it. He was tackled. He stopped. Then once he regained his composure he had another go at getting the ball over the line which was an unlawful move.
Another go.. as if he'd placed it already. He hadnt, it was his first attempt

Like I said earlier. Its subjective and we will all have our own differing opinions on it. :)
As far as I'm concerned as long as you don't actively propel your whole body forward (your torso basically) after you hit the ground and you simply extend out your arms, in that case it is not a double movement. I can't comment on this particular incident though as I didnt watch the game.

Last edited:
England did well to come 5th. I'm just referring to the way France play. Scintillating stuff when it goes well. I can handle Scotland winning though, despite the gift it completes for Wales.
Wales deserved another championship an if you don't agree that's sour grapes we scored more try's an let in fewer tries an we were involved in the best six nations game ever

Wales deserved another championship an if you don't agree that's sour grapes we scored more try's an let in fewer tries an we were involved in the best six nations game ever
Am sure I would prefer to have been involved in the worst 6 nations game and won.

I'm obviously happy they gave a try m8 but it was a double movement all day long

Latest posts