• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

With the postponement and rescheduling of this match this should mean Zander Fagerson should be eligible to play

With the postponement and rescheduling of this match this should mean Zander Fagerson should be eligible to play
Yes, he got a monthly suspension on Feb 13th, so he will definitely be eligible for whatever date they can find, providing the French sports minister does not pull the rug under the French Rugby's federation feet... She's a former world class swimmer, so hopefully she'll understand what this competition means to both teams and force the FFR to get their act together this time.

providing the French sports minister does not pull the rug under the French Rugby's federation feet...
I saw that initial statement she made demanding a full investigation, but haven't heard a peep since - does the statement from Laporte constitute the results of the "full investigation," or has she been told to hush?

I saw that initial statement she made demanding a full investigation, but haven't heard a peep since - does the statement from Laporte constitute the results of the "full investigation," or has she been told to hush?
She's meeting Laporte and the FFR representatives tomorrow morning for the official review. As she is a full rank minister, no one will tell her to hush as it is undisputedly in her area of competency... only Macron and the Prime Minister would be in a position to ask her this and as it would be a "semi public" rebuttal, they would have to have serious reasons to do so and I can't think of one.
It might be France and she might be a woman but here no one asks a minister to hush except for very sensitive reasons...

Last edited:
It might be France and she might be a woman but here no one asks a minister to hush except for very sensitive reasons...
Sorry if I seemed to imply anything - I had just heard that Laporte is incredibly well connected, politically, so I thought he might simply have an inordinate influence... :)

She's meeting Laporte and the FFR representatives tomorrow morning for the official review.
Thanks so much, I hadn't seen that anywhere... finding rugby coverage of any kind isn't easy in the US!

Very interesting stuff - do we have any predictions for what will go down tomorrow?

"No wrongdoing"... gimme a break. I feel the worst for Wales, because even if they win a Grand Slam, France will have effectively invalidated the entire outcome. Pathetic. I understand it's all down to the money, but Scotland are being outright punished for following the rules while their competition openly flouted them and get a massive reward. Disgusting. Permanent asterisk for what could have been a classic Six Nations.

"No wrongdoing"... gimme a break. I feel the worst for Wales, because even if they win a Grand Slam, France will have effectively invalidated the entire outcome. Pathetic. I understand it's all down to the money, but Scotland are being outright punished for following the rules while their competition openly flouted them and get a massive reward. Disgusting. Permanent asterisk for what could have been a classic Six Nations.
I guess the best outcome would be France winning, with the entire rest of the globe rolling their eyes and going, "Yeah, not really..." There would eventually be an historic term for this specific, ruined, tournament, like, "The Fake Nations," or, hopefully, something much funnier. :)

I guess the best outcome would be France winning, with the entire rest of the globe rolling their eyes and going, "Yeah, not really..." There would eventually be an historic term for this specific, ruined, tournament, like, "The Fake Nations," or, hopefully, something much funnier. :)
I'm still hoping for the 'Jam-Slam' tbh

Would you really rather DQs and effectively a triple crown that everyone would forget rather than watch a very entertaining French team in the summer? DQing France would effectively be the 6n cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Don't you think you are overdoing it a bit, for one rescheduled game :cool:.
There are far worse things going on at the moment...
And if Wales win the grand slam (God forbid), the France Scotland game will only be for second place, so no big issue.

Would you really rather DQs and effectively a triple crown that everyone would forget rather than watch a very entertaining French team in the summer? DQing France would effectively be the 6n cutting off their nose to spite their face.
No, was just referring to 'Jam-Slam' (if Wales complete the slam) being a more catchy ***le than 'The Fake Nations' if France end up winning their remaining games. Obviously beating Italy AND France would far and away be preferable to beating Italy and then not getting a run out on the 'final' week.

Don't you think you are overdoing it a bit, for one rescheduled game :cool:.
There are far worse things going on at the moment...
And if Wales win the grand slam (God forbid), the France Scotland game will only be for second place, so no big issue.
This god of yours... he's taken a good few years off since 2004 huh? :cool:

I'm sure I'm overdoing it, but, clearly, I'm ******. :)

And yes, I think most gods have pretty much taken a powder on Scottish rugby ever since that first international test lol

The test versus Ireland this weekend will, I think, tell us a lot about both teams. If it's a draw, they should all go for waffles and call it a tournament.

This god of yours... he's taken a good few years off since 2004 huh? :cool:
He briefly came back in 2010, by the way, but he is nowhere to be seen since then, not even a 6N win in 10 years... Biggest drought we've had for decades :(

He briefly came back in 2010, by the way, but he is nowhere to be seen since then, not even a 6N win in 10 years... Biggest drought we've had for decades :(
I was referring to 'his' apparent forbidding of Welsh Grandslams tbh ;)

Last edited:
I was referring to 'his' apparent forbidding of Welsh Grandslams tbh ;)
It has to be either the repeated lockdowns that made me even thicker than before or a cultural reference I am missing, but I have no idea what you are talking about and I am just left there totally confused! Dai Perk seems to know what you are referring to, a small hint please!

Dreamworks Animation What GIF by The Croods: A New Age

Last edited:
It has to be either the repeated lockdowns that made me even thicker than before or a cultural reference I am missing, but I have no idea what you are talking about and I am just left there totally confused! Dai Perk seems to know what you are referring to, a small hint please!

Dreamworks Animation What GIF by The Croods: A New Age
2004 - the year of which I said 'since'.
1615064597840.jpeg

2006 - I assume your God was on duty
2007 - on duty again
1615064667425.jpeg

2009 - back on duty
2010 - on duty
2011 - on duty
1615064742515.jpeg

2013 - on duty 'just'
2014 - on duty
2015 - on duty
2016 - on duty
2017 - on duty
2018 - on duty
1615064838902.jpeg

2020 - on duty
2021 - we shall see...

2004 - the year of which I said 'since'.
View attachment 9581
2006 - I assume your God was on duty
2007 - on duty again
View attachment 9582
2009 - back on duty
2010 - on duty
2011 - on duty
View attachment 9583
2013 - on duty 'just'
2014 - on duty
2015 - on duty
2016 - on duty
2017 - on duty
2018 - on duty
View attachment 9584
2020 - on duty
2021 - we shall see...
Why on earth did you refer to 2004 and not 2002 and 2003, this is just beyond me...
You could have had me trying to figure out all night what happened in the world of Welsh slams in 2004!
john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Last edited:

Latest posts