• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1616438150325.png

Last edited:
Anyone actually thinking this match is happening.

Anyone actually thinking this match is happening.
I'd say that the balance of probability is against it, but I wouldn't write it off totally.

In a sane world where bubbles are strict enough to have prevented this from happening in the first place, there would be no chance. In a world in which administrators consider it okay to burst a bubble and and deal with the consequences, it could happen. Apparently France have already replaced the Plague 10. If this has been done with any common sense and diligence, meaning that the new bubble keep testing negative, I don't see what grounds there would be to prevent the match from going ahead. The only potential spanners that I could see being thrown into the works would be some of the new 10 players testing positive before they leave isolation and join the new bubble (although in a squad of 33, it would take bad luck to be without 2 players in each position) or one remainder of the original bubble taking longer to incubate and testing positive at a later juncture (apparently they're not training until tomorrow, presumably to minimise the chance of this).

Game is on.

the Covid fiasco (we're used to it now it has spread from the government to the rugby union) will force Galthié to test depth again. Not a bad thing. If les Bleus lose they will be the architects of their own downfall (we're used to that as well).

Likely starting XV - unless someone bursts the 'Covid bubble' again:

15. Bouthier ; 14. Penaud, 13. Fickou, 12. Danty, 11. Thomas ; 10. Jalibert, 9. Serin ; 7. Jelonch, 8. Alldritt, 6. Cretin ; 5. Willemse, 4. Le Roux ; 3. Bamba, 2. Bourgarit, 1. Kolingar.

I like the look of the frontrow but they've never played together. Serin and Jalibert played together at Bordeaux. Enough to remember each other's first name. We'll see how Dupont dependent les Bleus are.

Game is on.

the Covid fiasco (we're used to it now it has spread from the government to the rugby union) will force Galthié to test depth again. Not a bad thing. If les Bleus lose they will be the architects of their own downfall (we're used to that as well).

15. Bouthier ; 14. Penaud, 13. Fickou, 12. Danty, 11. Thomas ; 10. Jalibert, 9. Serin ; 7. Jelonch, 8. Alldritt, 6. Cretin ; 5. Willemse, 4. Le Roux ; 3. Bamba, 2. Bourgarit, 1. Kolingar.

I like the look of the frontrow but they've never played together. Serin and Jalibert played together at Bordeaux. Enough to remember each other's first name. We'll see how Dupont dependent les Bleus are.
That team should still beat Scotland but that's not the point.

Game is on.

@FrenchFan who do you think has a better chance of winning this match ?

That team should still beat Scotland but that's not the point.
I watched Scotland in the match against Wales and they advantages of the match but they had a problem in offensive to make a try, it see that the match is in this aspect of the game

Pretty mad this is going ahead tbh given how many games have been cancelled this year for less cases. Scots must kinda fancy their chances? Think the French will have more than enough for them though, they can still put out a really strong side.

@FrenchFan who do you think has a better chance of winning this match ?
I've no idea. I don't know much about Scotland and this possible French team. I s'pose I could just say the home team because home advantage in 6N is everything blabla. Les Bleus are quite raw esp. frontrow. They could give away a truckload of penalties and in a tight game it might be enough for Scotland to sneak a win. Galthié wouldn't make that many changes so he'll have to coach a side he prob wouldn't have picked in normal circumstances. The other question mark is Galthié's kicking strategy. Les Bleus kicked way too much possession against England and Ireland in their last games. In Dublin they kicked some good possession needlessly. What's the point of doing that and pick runners and ball handlers like Fickou, Thomas, Penaud, Jalibert etc. No more kicking. Run it!

Last edited:
Allegations of Galthié having breached the protocol seem to be coming out. Surely we will see some sort of investigation now.

Why are people acting upset at the game going ahead?
Because there's a global pandemic on and the French camp appears to be riddled with the disease,

I've no doubt that they're doing everything they can to contain the outbreak, and everyone is suitably isolated etc. but considering how it spread through the camp (i.e. new players tested positive a week after the initial person did) there's every chance that an asymptomatic carrier, be it a player or a coach or medical staff etc., will bring it to the game on the weekend and unknowingly expose the Scotland camp to it.

Obviously this could be the case for any member of any team, but France has over 10 positives in their camp, so the risk factor has skyrocketed.

RC Toulon refused to play Scarlets after Scarlets had one positive test returned in their squad

Because there's a global pandemic on and the French camp appears to be riddled with the disease,

I've no doubt that they're doing everything they can to contain the outbreak, and everyone is suitably isolated etc. but considering how it spread through the camp (i.e. new players tested positive a week after the initial person did) there's every chance that an asymptomatic carrier, be it a player or a coach or medical staff etc., will bring it to the game on the weekend and unknowingly expose the Scotland camp to it.

Obviously this could be the case for any member of any team, but France has over 10 positives in their camp, so the risk factor has skyrocketed.

RC Toulon refused to play Scarlets after Scarlets had one positive test returned in their squad
They're going to continue to be tested until the game, are they not? Surely then that reduces any risk that Scotland might be exposed to it!

They're going to continue to be tested until the game, are they not? Surely then that reduces any risk that Scotland might be exposed to it!

Not if the players have been exposed but not built enough of the antibodies(?) to test positive yet - otherwise how did the rest of the squad get it after that one coach tested positive and was immediately isolated?
AFAIK there's been four waves of people catching it in the French camp (so far)

Not if the players have been exposed but not built enough of the antibodies(?) to test positive yet - otherwise how did the rest of the squad get it after that one coach tested positive and was immediately isolated?
AFAIK there's been four waves of people catching it in the French camp (so far)
Don't think we've heard the last of it, in any case. There'll probably be another twist before Sunday.

The word reduce is meaningless until you quantify it. People are saying that this reduction won't be significant enough to be acceptable.

Latest posts