• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Ireland v England (20/03/2021)

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Screenshot_20210317_080435.jpg

We're going to have to change broadcaster after this game because we're about to get ******.

Please read before posting

Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it.

Just no chat in here because we've seen what's going to happen four times in a row?

If POM doesn't start, unlikely, I'll get a bit optimistic because for all the hate I give him he'd be a handy bench option and any starting alternative is more athletic which is required to beat England but I just think we'll get beat up again.

Not really much to discuss until teams are out, really

Away in Dublin I'd expect England to lose, but both teams form has been pretty erratic with flashes of some good stuff: Who knows what will happen

We also pretty much know what the England team will be, I also think both sides fans don't have much faith in their teams ability to yield a result in their favour.

In a rare occasion as well there's nothing really riding on the game, no triple crown, no championship, no grand slam even the wooden spoon (5th place) is kinda out of both teams hands and reliant on Scotland's results.

Marchant confirmed to be staying with England till the weekend. Would not be surprised to see him in the 23 shirt but only get 30 second / nothing at all

The frustrating thing is you just don't know which England team will turn up. Wouldn't surprise me if they served up an ill-disciplined kick fest such as against Scotland but equally it wouldn't surprise me if they played like they did against France.

Should be a cracking game this one. You'd think England will sneak it but I just think the Irish boys will be gunning for them this Saturday so I'll go for a 5 point win to Ireland.

I'd be very shocked at that, ha!

Lawrence started at 13 in the Autumn vs Ireland so I'm guessing that's what will happen again (it was Farrell/Slade/Lawrence, I'm betting on Ford/Farrell/Lawrence)
Then 22. Marchant, 23. Daly/Malins (not convinced EJ will start Malins again)
Unless EJ goes back to a 6-2 bench, but I'm not sure he will as he didn't use the extra forward the last time he did it so...what's the point?

I'd be very shocked at that, ha!

Lawrence started at 13 in the Autumn vs Ireland so I'm guessing that's what will happen again (it was Farrell/Slade/Lawrence, I'm betting on Ford/Farrell/Lawrence)
Then 22. Marchant, 23. Daly/Malins (not convinced EJ will start Malins again)
Unless EJ goes back to a 6-2 bench, but I'm not sure he will as he didn't use the extra forward the last time he did it so...what's the point?
Agreed, I reckon we'll see Ford, Farrell, Lawrence. I do think Malins will start again, and I think Daly on bench.

If he goes 6-2, who's it going to be? I've lost track of who's left. Ribbans? If 5-3, then it would be a shoot out between Odogwu and Marchant. Let's face it, whether it is Ribbans, Marchant or Odogwu, they are fighting it out for 5 minutes of game time max!

don't have a clue who is going to win this, it's up in the air. I guess it depends on which England turns up. Our away form in the Six Nations for the last couple of years has been mediocre so I'm not that confident. Whichever team loses though will have had a very poor Six Nations so there is pressure on both teams.

The problem Ireland have is they will not be able to beat England up at front as they did against Scotland. Will be a test of whether Farrell can bring something a bit different to the game as in the past Ireland have looked a bit bereft of ideas when the strong forward game doesn't work.

Apparently Slade is doing well in recovering from calf injury and good chance of playing this weekend

If Stockdale isnt playing I'll be gutted, not like Ulster have much to play for and he's shown last week alone what he can do when given a glimmer of space

Key game for if you're likely to finish in the top half or the bottom half of the table.

Latest posts