• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Ireland vs France (14/02/21)

I've already seen people (not here) saying Burns' kick cost us the game..... We came close to building a try once in the game and were blessed by French handling and a few missed kicks of their own. Can't slap a bandage on that performance.

I also understand how this looks in light of what I've said but Pearce is another really shaky referee for this level. Have been quite disappointed by the standard of officiating across the competition this year.

This pitch-side interviewer is clearly ****-scared of Farrell judging by the 'quality' of his questions.

I've already seen people (not here) saying Burns' kick cost us the game..... We came close to building a try once in the game and were blessed by French handling and a few missed kicks of their own. Can't slap a bandage on that performance.

I also understand how this looks in light of what I've said but Pearce is another really shaky referee for this level. Have been quite disappointed by the standard of officiating across the competition this year.
Agreed it hasn't been too clever, going off feet and sealing off at the ruck appears to have gone largely unpunished again recently, guess punishing its run its corse and onto the next hot penalty topic.

I can't wait for another wave of media muppetry on how Galthie is set to win the next RWC o_O

Last edited:
What's desperately **** is that I cannot see how we will beat Scotland, South Africa and then NZ/France in 2023. It's 100% a 1/4 exit again.

So France have an aggressive, disciplined defence to compliment their already talented back line....(every other nation in world rugby let's out a collective groan)

So France have an aggressive, disciplined defence to compliment their already talented back line....(every other nation in world rugby let's out a collective groan)
Ah gowon. Give us the line on how Edwards has reinvented Cassoulet and les Bleus etc.

Would like a peek at the scoreline of the Fra-NZ RWC opener with Dulin kicking to the NZ backs like he did today...

Neutral view , not the greatest spectacle.France did enough without ever being clinical.
Ireland huffed and puffed and bar a strange bounce of ball would probably never have been close.
France created some great line breaks but only finished a couple, if Dupont goes down you wonder who else can connect the pieces.

I thought Ireland did OK today with the team put out but I get the distinct feeling that France were playing in second gear for the majority of the game. I think had France been at their best it could have got ugly but Ireland knocked them out of their rhythm for a lot of the match. Ireland have got Italy next, that might not be a stroll in the park judging by how laboured the Irish looked against Georgia in the ANC. Italy may sniff an opportunity.

What's desperately **** is that I cannot see how we will beat Scotland, South Africa and then NZ/France in 2023. It's 100% a 1/4 exit again.
F*** me, come on. We can all admit ireland are in a transition from the somewhat success of the Joe Schmidt era but we have to give Farrell time. He has had a 2020 six nations which was a disaster for any new coach, affected by covid and ended up playing games 6 or 7 months apart. The team has not had a proper camp until this one.

France were in transition for nearly a decade until lately. They still haven't won anything with this current crop of top players

Farrell has no idea what his best side is for a number of reasons, injuries are playing a big part in it.

His hand is being forced to give caps to new players which may not be a negative thing in the long run. He can only be judged on the next world cup as that is ultimately the pinnacle for an international coach.

Last edited:
F*** me, come on. We can all admit ireland are in a transition from the somewhat success of the Joe Schmidt era but we have to give Farrell time. He has had a 2020 six nations which was a disaster for any new coach, affected by covid and ended up playing games 6 or 7 months apart. The team has not had a proper camp until this one.

France were in transition for nearly a decade until lately. They still haven't won anything with this current crop of top players

Farrell has no idea what his best side is for a number of reasons, injuries are playing a big part in it.

His hand is being forced to give caps to new players which may not be a negative thing in the long run. He can only be judged on the next world cup as that is ultimately the pinnacle for an international coach.
Between the delayed six nations and the autumn nations cup didn't he have essentially 2 solid months in camp?

Latest posts