• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs France (06/02/21)

Italy's 9 looks a real player, I thought their 10 was playing well until it just started falling apart

Italy literally throwing it away. Too much headless chicken stuff.

What would I give for an English Dupont though
We might, we wouldn't know.
If we had Dupont himself, he'd be sitting on about 60-80 minutes of rugby, amassed over a dozen-odd caps

Last edited:
Italy do not have the accuracy or handling to play the game they are trying to play.

Why do Italian forwards think they can pass from the base of rucks, did they not see the Bergamasco game!?

Italy punching quite a lot of holes in that French defence, but no end product. Is it a good sign for the future of Italian rugby, or just another false dawn?

Unfortunate for Garbisi, he was doing well with essentially no resources in midfield and inconsistent service from the 9. Italy have some classy players but are let down in midfield (FB incl.) and they haven't got an engine up front.

Saying that, they'd be right with France here if Dupont wasn't on that pitch.

Unfortunate for Garbisi, he was doing well with essentially no resources in midfield and inconsistent service from the 9. Italy have some classy players but are let down in midfield (FB incl.) and they haven't got an engine up front.

Saying that, they'd be right with France here if Dupont wasn't on that pitch.
I think the Italian 9 has been half decent here, shame his pass was forward for the disallowed try, I think there's a tidy player in there

I think the Italian 9 has been half decent here, shame his pass was forward for the disallowed try, I think there's a tidy player in there
Oh yeah, definitely a player with good potential. Fairly dodgy service though, he's thrown a few howlers and will need to work it out.

Whole italian team throwing some 'I never bothered to learn how to pass off my bad hand but I'm also a pro rugby player' passes

Does it just come down to lack of rugby IQ? Poor pass options and forwards not knowing where to go

How can you have so little chase, and still have no one covering the counter!?

Latest posts