• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Ireland (27/02/21)

"traditional strong finish"? Since when have the Italians had a strong finish?

Frustrating at times and I won't go on about the ref too much, but when we were let play we looked pretty decent. Opposition was shocking, but I think that's a good run out for a struggling side.
Glad to see two debuts. Connors must start for us.

Irish motm was the ref, he missed so much in Ireland's favour

149 points conceded in the first 3 games by Italy. Doesn't matter how pacy your attack looks if you defend like that.

Ok.

Would have been nice of we'd had the chance to give Casey and Baird better runs and have a few others on the bench but shortsightedness in August scuppered that. Need to stick with Connors and Kelleher for sure, halfbacks are still the project, Casey's pass is unrivalled in the country.

I genuinely think Beirne got given MOTM by mistake by Italian telly. He was originally 7 on the teamsheet by mistake and had the same scrum cap as Connors.

Italy 30 losses in a row now in 6 Nations.
Craig Casey has arrived.

Was this just giving fringe lads a run for sake of it or is there a realisation of change is needed

Beirne was also very good, but Connors was class. Definitely two lads who were told to wear blue scrum caps as kids to stand out to coaches and look where that's landed Connors!

Beirne was also very good, but Connors was class. Definitely two lads who were told to wear blue scrum caps as kids to stand out to coaches and look where that's landed Connors!

Think I'd start the same backrow next gane with Conan on the bench. Love the balance and impact.

Think Larmour, Kilcoyne and maybe Henshaw are our injury worries?

Latest posts