• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Ireland (27/02/21)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1614072213625.png

The funny thing is this isn't even the most important game between an Italian and Irish team this weekend :)

Does anyone think Italy have a bit of a shot in this game?. I could see them running Ireland fairly close. Ireland will win by less than 10 IMO.

IRELAND (possible) v Italy: Hugo Keenan; Keith Earls or Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton (capt), Jamison Gibson-Park; David Kilcoyne, Rónan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong; Iain Henderson, James Ryan; Tadhg Beirne, Will Connors, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Cian Healy, Andrew Porter, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Craig Casey, Billy Burns, Earls or Larmour

Would prefer Casey starting but if he starts Larmour that's about as good as can be done with this squad considering Earls has to be in in some way on account of the dirt he has on every IRFU high up.

Yeah stick Larmour as the starter and I couldn't have any serious complaints. Tough on Ruddock but would be happy overall.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to complain about that. Would prefer to keep Ruddock at 6 and not mess Beirne around with the form he's in but I can understand it going the other way.

Would Ruddock not make more sense for bench?

I wouldn't say so especially for this match. For international rugby Ruddock probably doesn't have the pace to play 8. Conan has plenty of top level experience at 6/8. Also presuming our intent is to run up a score, Conan offers much more in that regard.

I wouldn't say so especially for this match. For international rugby Ruddock probably doesn't have the pace to play 8. Conan has plenty of top level experience at 6/8. Also presuming our intent is to run up a score, Conan offers much more in that regard.
Fair enough. Never rated Conan as a 6 in times I have seen him there. And think Ruddock more versatile. Although I accept this is a game more for fringe guys to stake claim.

@Groundhog Murray is nearly fit but think they are just giving him extra time to recover and be sure. He will 100% start last 2 games barring any injury setback

Absolutely love that, big pack this is also really mobile with most having excellent handling skills.

In the backline everyone apart from 10 and probably 15 against top teams is an individual linebreak threat.

Outside 16 and 17 also plenty of impact for off the bench for this game. I'd hate to be seeing Baird and Conan coming on fresh with 20 to go and Casey upping the tempo, presuming we use the bench properly.

Absolutely love that, big pack this is also really mobile with most having excellent handling skills.

In the backline everyone apart from 10 and probably 15 against top teams is an individual linebreak threat.

Outside 16 and 17 also plenty of impact for off the bench for this game. I'd hate to be seeing Baird and Conan coming on fresh with 20 to go and Casey upping the tempo, presuming we use the bench properly.
Harsh on Keenan! Otherwise love the optimism, COYBIG!

Harsh on Keenan! Otherwise love the optimism, COYBIG!

I really like the solidity that Keenan brings but I don't think he has the ability to make a break himself, against top opposition, the way the others do.

I really like the solidity that Keenan brings but I don't think he has the ability to make a break himself, against top opposition, the way the others do.
Yeah I get you, just disagree personally. I am always pleasantly surprised by his ability to make a break where it isn't on.

It's amazing what injuries can result in. Imagine any combo of 4,5,6 and 19 in the 4,5, and 6 positions. It nuts.
Casey to debut in green wile his new partner in crime will return in red.

Covid is nearing an end *****es :)

Latest posts