• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (13/02/21)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1612813219784.png

Interesting game this one after the results at the weekend. Whoever wins really gives themselves a good shot at the championship. if Scotland really are the real deal they should be winning this one but they've flattered to deceive before. There won't be more than a score in this one.

Would love to see Jarrod Evans on the bench at least for this one but there's no chance of that sadly. Shame Johnny Williams and Tomos Williams won't be available.

You have to fancy Scotland obviously but it's a 50/50 game in my opinion.

Wales definitely didn't play great and if Ireland had had 15 men they would have lost.
Scotland were definitely the better team and should have scored more.

If teams play like they did last week then Scotland, but they really need to convert more chances.

Lydiate plus four out of game

Not surprised unfortunately, looked bad at the time. Got to feel for him as most people including himself probably didn't think he'd get another shot.

Lydiate plus four out of game

Yeah no surprises there. Such a shame for Lydiate. Doubt we'll see him in the red shirt again. Even more gutted for Ospreys as we've been playing some half decent rugby recently and look like a half decent rugby side again and he's been crucial but we'll have to make do.

Hopefully Tomos can get back for the England game but I'm not holding my breath. I'd be bringing in Webb now but then I would e had him in over Hardy every day of the week.

missing this trip like Mad , would have been in Glasgow by Tuesday then Edinburgh Friday for the weekend, could it be 2 on the trot for the Scots , when did that last happen.

So Pivac is calling up Lloyd Williams, apparently. So this means 1 of 2 things, imo.

1) He actuallly thinks Rhys Webb is the 5th best scrum half in Wales

2) Hes being punished for what he said after being left out of the squad.

Either way a terrible decision. I would've also preferred Shane Lewis Hughes to be called up instead of Botham and Kieran Williams instead of Halaholo.

I'm expecting a relatively unchanged Scots team

North is out which surely means Watkins and Tompkins start. I know Halaholo is in the squad but I can't see him going straight into the team.

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny; Louis Rees-Zammit, Nick Tompkins, Owen Watkin, Liam Williams; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies, Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Aaron Wainwright, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Rhodri Jones, Leon Brown, Will Rowlands, James Botham, Kieran Hardy, Callum Sheedy, Willis Halaholo.

Injuries have really hit hard. No Navidi is a loss, pack is dearly missing ball carriers now, completely new centre partnership with an uncapped player on the bench. Liam Williams being back is step up, unless he does something stupid (there's a good chance of that). Tompkins at 12 really chances the back dynamics though, interesting to see if Wales change how they play at all.

At least you've got an injuries excuse for a 'meh' team...

Redpath out through injury which is a shame for him. 3 changes in total injury related. Still think Scotland should win though.

Latest posts